[16] BURNING COLORS - ALLEN MA

GENRE: ANGST

LOSERS IN LOVE - ALLEN

Love is simply as cruel as life, and life is just as complicated as love. Simple.

It wasn't simple for Allen though- hopeless romantic is how his friends described him but he never thought of that to himself. He just simply waited for the right person- when the feeling sinks in, he just goes with the flow of love and whenever his boat sinks? He just figures to build another one and repeat the process.

It's a foolish way to finding love- but it's the most he can do as the only one who's not married in his friend group.

After all, being single also helped him. It became an inspiration for him- his paintings specifically. The paintings he sold for a living and showed to everybody that he knew, they were all influenced by the feelings he had. Each stroke was the feeling of longing he had for a significant other while every colour painted the infelicity of clueless dating. Cruel but it's what made the perfect painting that made millions for him.

Allen sighed as he placed down his paintbrush, the drop causing an echo around the painter's room he had. Silent, walls painted in the shade of creme while the floor was ceramic white- just what Allen intended.

His face had a vexed look sadly, eyes sparkled under the dim lightbulb while he stared at the singular figure he made on the middle of the canvas. A couple on a boat, only their shadows was seen while the moonlight casted the spotlight at the river that carried the whole scene. The palette of violet and blue gave off the warm and yet sad tone of the unfinished masterpiece.

"Mr. Ma? Somebody is at the front gate." Allen's stare session was inturrupted when a knock was made at the door, followed by his PA guy announcing his statement.

"Who?" Allen stood up and hanged his apron, revealing a casual outfit underneath. A polo shirt and some loose pants, comfortable- it's a Saturday morning after all. "I'm not expecting somebody, right?"

"No, but she practically begged to see you." The old man answered while he and Allen walked along the hallways of the isolated mansion. He pointed at the one of the living rooms, Allen opened the doors to see a young girl sitting at the couch.

Her eyes examined the almost-empty living room. Just the basics of a living room- a couch with a table then paintings and statues at the wall complete with the wall-sized windows that faced the forest outside.

"Excuse me?" Allen walked into the room, the new girl standing and shaking his hand in return. "Mr. Ma? Y-You're my idol! Your work, it's just very unique!" She quickly turned from professional to an actual fangirl.