[4] WOOBIN - BACK TO DECEMBER

GENRE: ANGST + FLUFF
(Im sorry I'm a very sad person that I developed love for sadness✨)

"Ah, there it is!"

You exclaimed in a joyous tone, as your eyes found the book you were looking for almost 10 minutes now. You were at the local library near your place, you always spend your time here whenever you miss someone.

Especially during winter, the time where people would prefer to sit inside their homes and drink hot cocoa. You prefer to use your Christmas break in the library exploring pieces of literature popular or not, and just enjoy them in the cold weather.

You approched the shelf the book you desired was in, reached out to it but was stopped by someone else's hands reaching out to the book. In a curious manner, you looked towards your side to find a man that also wanted to read the book you wanted.

He looked significantly older, like the same age with your proffesors back in college. But much more attractive. You let out a sly smile, "You're also borrowing this book?" You asked politely. The grey haired man smiled back, "Yeah. You're borrowing it as well?" He asked back. "That's an odd choice, considering that you look young. Older people usually read these kind of books."

"Mister Im may only be 20 but I like these kinds of books. Oh the stereotypes." You whined, tracing the spine of the book that was still at the shelf that none of you wanted to let go. "Im only 28 honey, Do I look that old for you? Im offended." The man sighed in an sarcastic manner, letting out a chuckle out your mouth.

"It's not like that. I was the first one to see this book, I think it's rightful for me to get this." You justified, attempting to grab the book but was stopped by the man by fully covering the book with his big hand. "Not so fast young lady." The man teased, clicking his toungue. "How bout this. Whoever has a better reason on why to borrow this book will get it." He proposed.

You chuckled, "Hopefully you have a better reason than me then." The man smiled, grabbing the book to his hands. "Let's go talk somewhere. You pick the table." He said, as you walked towards one of the empty big tables. You were smiling inside already, you don't know why but the man somehow had the power to lighten your mood today.

Maybe it was his smile, or how he looked cute in the scarf he was wearing, or just the way he looks. So adorable.

You sat at the chair, and so did he on the other end of the table. "So, I guess we can know each other name's first?" The man asked, giving his hand in a handshake position. "Seo Woobin, I own a cafe downstreet." He introduced.

You smiled shyly, "Koo Y/N. 3rd year College student." You introduced before shaking his soft hands. "So.. The reason?" Woobin asked in a curious and rather shy manner, closing his hands together as he got ready to listen. You let out a heavy sigh, "It was winter at that time. It was around midnight when I recieved a video from my friend. It showed him at the edge of the rooftop, enjoying the snowfall. He looked really happy, really really happy." You began to narrate.

"Until he suddenly said his final words. His thanks, his worries about the afterlife, his sorrys to me about giving me a hard time and lastly, that he will take care of me from above." You continued, trying to stop the tears from flowing while you recounted the final moments you saw your best friend. "I didn't get to do anything already, cause once I got to that place he already jumped off. And the thing is, I wanted to tell him something. I really liked him, but I didn't get to say it. Maybe that stopped him from killing himself, if he only knew."

"And the book? It's his favorite. Ever since we were kids, it's his favorite and it grew to be my favorite as well. It was his escape from worldy problems, it's his own little universe where everything goes his way." You continued, holding your breath to not cry in front of a total stranger. "I guess the world is too much already for him that he decided he's going to his own world where nothing can hurt him anymore. I guess he's tired of being human. I still miss him to this day, but I guess he's happy now. Wherever he is."

Woobin was speechless, he didn't expect that kind of reason. "Uhh.." Woobin muttured, holding his breath Making his cheeks puff. You smiled, looking down to conceal the smile "You look cute whenever you do that." You say silently.

Woobin smiled as well, "Thanks. People say Im cute, but it sounds when it comes from you." You looked up, raising your eyebrow as you heared what Woobin said. "Look." Woobin said, grabbing your hand. "You seem like a really nice person." He said, before giving you the book fully already.

You were suprised on how quick he retreated. "Sure then, thanks." You said, before getting ready to stand up but was stopped by Woobin again. "But, There's a condition." He stopped you with a hidious smile in his face. "Mind if we go out for a coffee today? You know, for the reason that I gave you the book already."

You we're hesitant at first, Woobin is a stranger but you also know that with that kind of face and friendly personality, he won't do anything bad to you. He then began to stand up and walk towards you.

"I can also tell you my story. If you wanna hear it."

~❄️~

Istg before I die I wanna touch snow ❄️
--A