Prologue

"A week before Halloween 1982, a guy in a black ski mask and all dark clothing murders a group of Shadyside girls on their way home from a cheerleading practice. The newly appointed sheriff Nick Goode is on the case. He is still trying to find the killer. Who is still on the loose-" Donna watched the news report.

Donna was sick and tired of all the shit that happens in Shadyside. Bad things always seem to happen to them. To bad "them" was also her.

Donna Bennet, head cheerleader, top of her class, works the reception at a local law office, wakes up at 5:30 every morning, and goes to sleep at 10:00. Sharp!

All she wanted to do was get out of there. Out of the place her dad died, her mom died, and she was left.

Left alone without money or love. Left alone with her little sister Lisa. Left to take care of her. Left to pay the bills. Just left behind.

—————————

Lisa Bennet looked at her sister who was watching the news. She hated her.

Her sister was always perfect. Perfectly selfish.

All Lisa had ever wanted was to be nothing like her. She wanted to be better.

Her sister was top of her class. She wanted to be that but better.

Her sister was head cheerleader, she wanted to do that but be better at it.

She felt as though her sister only cared for herself. What did she ever do for her family? Nothing. She only wanted to get out of Shadyside.

—————————————————
Alexi James. What was she doing at 7:00 in the morning right before school? On a Monday? Unlike her other friends she was blasting Blondie and screaming it at the top of her throat. Wearing only an oversized shirt and knee high socks.
—————————
Kimberly Davis on the other hand was already at work. Then she would walk over to school.

Kim, well she was a busy person.

Dad cheated on her mom. But she refused to leave him. He got another woman pregnant. A son was born from this other woman.

Well her father, that difficult man, was a Sunnyvaler. He had enough money to pay off Kim's mother. To keep her quite and to make sure the kids had something to live off of. It was enough to get her and her brother through collage. Until her mother got a hold of cocaine.

She spent all the money on that.

Now, Kimberly works 3 jobs. Just for her brother, to make sure her brother would get  to collage. She knew with it being her senior year, she wouldn't make it anywhere. Ray, her brother, was her best hope. She needed to make sure he was going somewhere.

Kim looked down at her wrists as she worked the 7/11 on the corner. Scarred. But not new. She got a new relief.

Booze. 

God how she lived for the feeling of vodka burning down her throat. The burn felt good to her.

She would find herself sitting in her apartment hallway, drowning down a bottle of Smirnoff. Like a wild fire down her throat, it spread only to make her feel good.

While her brother, Ray, would be sitting on the other side of the door, worried if she would come in or not.

He always hoped she would come in and crash out on the couch before their mom would wake up. Or they would get in another fight, again.
—————————
Keri, she's a different story.

Keri is the prettiest person in the world. But that's only what people see.

They don't see her having a nervous breakdown in the school bathroom.

But she acts perfectly normal.

Because she thinks she is.

She perfectly happy doing all this weekly.
————-