CHAPTER FOUR

FOUR | RESURGENCE

After Eren was discovered in the titan's body by Kiara, it didn't take long before others saw it, too

After Eren was discovered in the titan's body by Kiara, it didn't take long before others saw it, too. The rumors spread like a wildfire. From the moment Kiara got help to carry the weakened Eren back to the moment they arrived in safety, it seemed as if the entire garrison knew about Eren and the titan. It didn't take long after arriving within Wall Rose for Eren to slowly wake. He was muttering strange words about killing--which didn't help his case much when he was being looked at by hundreds of soldiers who wanted to kill him. The soldiers all thought he was an imposter. A titan disguising itself as a human to infiltrate the kingdom. 

Mikasa, Armin, and Kiara all stood protectively by his side as they were surrounded by hundreds of garrison soldiers readying themselves to kill him at any abrupt move he made. "You alright?" Mikasa worriedly whispered over to the wakening Eren. 

"Eren, can you say something? Can you move?!" Armin frantically asked his friend. 

"Eren, get it together. Unless you start telling them everything now, they're going to put your head on a stick," Kiara muttered over to her friend as she stood still in front of him, in a protective way. There was no shot she was letting any of those cowards kill Eren. Even if he was a titan, he did no harm to her or to any other humans while in that form. He was an asset to the military. And he was her friend

The garrison soldiers were terrified but concealed their emotion with an angry visage. "Son of a bitch wants to eat us!" One shouted out. 

Eren's mind was still clouded. He was still half-conscious. "What the hell are they talking about?" Eren whispered to his friends. 

Kiara focused on watching how still the soldiers held their blades that were pointed at Eren. Clearly, Eren was just as confused as Kiara was. He had no clue as to what happened. "Cadets Eren Jaeger, Mikasa Ackerman, Armin Arlelt, and Kiara Tyndall!! The four of you have jointly committed an act of high treason!!" The commandant of the garrison regiment shouted at them from the crowd of soldiers surrounding them.

"Any attempt to move from where you stand, anything I deem the least bit suspicious, will result in cannon fire. Do not test me!" His shouting continued. Kiara looked up to the rooftops of the buildings around her. Cannons were pointed toward them, ready to fire at any given moment. 

"Answer carefully, Jaeger! What exactly are you? Human? Or titan?!" The commander shouted inquiries to a very confused Eren. 

Kiara could sense how confused and scared Eren was. "Just answer what you know, Jaeger. I won't let them make a move," Kiara whispered. 

"What is going on?" Eren quietly asked Kiara. 

"You came out of a titan carcass, doesn't fall well on their ears," Kiara replied to him.