Her blond hair was held in a loose bun and her freshly painted fingernails took the piece of tape out of her mouth and placed it on the side of her nightstand.

"You have no idea how nice it is to see a fresh face around here, my name is Hazel!" She said an amusing laugh escaped her lips. A grey cropped sweater hung from her body, and she wore matching grey sweatpants with the school's emblem stitched under one of the pockets.

"Hi, my name is Vivianna but you can just call me Viv," I replied with a smile. Placing my bags down on the right side of the room, I stretched my arms making sure there was still feeling in them. I didn't realize how much stuff I packed into that duffle bag until now.

"Do you need any help moving in your stuff?" she asked me, placing her hands on her hips. "Nope, this is all I brought with me. I said, hoisting my suitcase onto my bed.

My dad had just told me two days ago that I was moving in today which led to me pulling a super fun all-nighter so I could stuff every single one of my belongings into a singular suitcase and duffle bag, This eventually led to me having a mental breakdown and eating a whole slab of raw cookie dough on the floor of my bedroom at 3:00 a.m.!

I began to unzip the glossy black suitcase that lay on my bed, struggling to pull the small zipper over the side of the luggage. Lana Del Rey played from Hazel's Google Home on top of her nightstand, the music filtering through the tiny bedroom, filling my ears with the pleasing melody.

After a bit of struggling, I was finally able to free the contents I messily packed inside and began to put away my clothes inside the wooden dresser that was placed against the wall next to my bed.

As I was beginning to make my bed with the floral cotton bedsheets I packed, music started to reverberate through the white walls of the dorm room. I looked over at Hazel who was already rolling her eyes. "Can they just not be annoying for one second." She said, continuing to hang up a Marvel poster above her bed.

"Who's blasting the music?" I asked while struggling to stuff my pillow into its matching case. "Right of course, you're new, I think it's time for a quick Verlice High history lesson," Hazel said, plopping into a sitting position on her bed, patting the empty space next to her.

Raising an eyebrow, I gave up and threw my uncovered pillow onto my bed and walked over to her side, climbing up onto her bed I sat next to her, crisscross apple sauce style.

She cleared her throat before continuing, "First of all, this school is filled to the brim with arrogant teenagers walking around thinking they can do and get whatever they want, excluding me of course, because they have their parent's money at their disposal.

And the center of this elitist Hierarchy starts with the golden trio." She said, a little too serious. "You're kidding, right, a social Hierarchy, the golden trio? Where are we Hogwarts?" I said, trying to hold in a laugh as my mouth formed a smirk. This girl had to be on something.

"Liam Rider, Easton St. Graye, and Lincoln Pierce, The three richest, hottest, most popular boys in the school, and probably in the entire state, aka the golden trio." She said, a smile plastered on her face.

"Are you fucking with me?" I asked, my smirk fading away as I looked at her like she'd been transported from an asylum. This whole boy trio thing seemed like the beginning of a scary Wattpad book and that was definitely not on my checklist this year.

She just ignored me and continued on with her story. " The first one, Liam, he has bad news written all over his insanely toned body, and I would stay away from him if I were you.

He has a track record for being well... himself. He's basically the school's fuckboy who only emerges from the pits of hell to pick girls up and then dump them. This sucks because he's mega hot, and his parents are loaded from owning Some law firm that represents really famous people like Bill Gates or something. But between you and me, I heard that over the summer his dad kicked him out of their beach house and he had to go stay with his grandfather. Apparently, his parents overheard some of the shady stuff he was doing, and they're threatening to take away his trust fund." She said leaning in close to me like we were being watched or something, which made the hairs on my back stand up a little.

"Then there is Lincoln, the charmer. He has a house about an hour from here and always throws the biggest back-to-school party there. His mom and dad are like diplomats and they're always off in a different country. Lastly is Easton, he's probably the nicest and most humble out of the three of them, his dad's great-great-grandfather founded a gas mining company, and Easton is first up to inherit the whole thing. They're also all Legacies, which is like a really important thing here."

Before she could say anything, we were startled by a loud knock on our door.

"Oh, and one more thing-" She began but was shortly cut off by the loud echo of our door being thrown open and slammed against the wall.

"Hazel, do you have any command strips, I'm trying to hang up my Vinyl's on my walls in this really cool pattern I saw on Pinterest," The boy said. Turning myself around I was able to see him clearer. His brown eyes locked with mine as he gave me a warm smile, "Hello, I didn't realize Hazel had a roommate this year! What's your name?" He asked, scanning his eyes over me as he neared closer to Hazel's bed.

"Viviana," I replied, swinging my feet over the edge of Hazel's bed and jumping off of it. "Viviana, I like that. My name is Easton and I'm so happy to meet you." He said standing in front of me, holding out his arm for me to shake.

"They're our neighbors," Hazel says, finishing her response from before.

✧⋆⭒˚。⋆

word count : 1642

New chapter up, i think it's probably the best so far. Anyways I hope you like it!

✧ vote, comment, follow

-g