What Have I Done?

Depuis le début

Tamaki looked at him with happy puppy dog eyes "Bark!" He said happily but the mood broke when something started beeping. We looked around and it turned out to be Renge's watch "oops! Sorry everyone, but I have a full schedule today." She frowned "man, I really wanted my OTP to get back together to..."

"We will begin the operation during host club hours tomorrow. For today, everyone just get your bearings and prepare for tomorrow. You are all dismissed" We all agreed with Kyoya-senpai and began to leave.

When I got to the car, I was a little surprised to see Elijah wasn't there."Hello Haruhi!" He said cheerfully. "Hey dad " I greeted getting into the car "Did you see Elijah earlier?"

He thought about it "actually, I did. He chose to walk home today though. He looked very depressed too, do you know what happened to him?" I nod and looked out the window "Hikaru broke up with him. And said a lot of horrible things to him because somebody framed him for stealing."

I could hear my dad gasp "That's horrible! That poor boy..." He put the car in drive and began driving home "we should do something for him. Something to help him, no one should have to deal with a broken heart alone."

"Like what?" I asked. He snapped his fingers "I know! Let's do it the old fashioned way and get some ice cream! We can invite him over and the three of us can watch movies together!"

I nodded and gave my dad a small smile "That might actually help him a lot." And he began driving to the store.

*-*-*-*-*-*

By the time we got back to the house, it was starting to get dark, the only.thing that had light coming from.it were the streetlights and our headlights. Dad and I were in the middle of deciding which movies to watch when he stopped the car and sighed"If we show him Lord of the Rings, he'll most likely fall asleep,Haruhi." I shook my head "it's full of action and will take his mind off of the break up. If we show him Fault in Our Stars he'll only cry more than he already is!"

He shrugged "Toushe (is that how you spell it?) my daughter. He continued to find parking when we saw someone on the corner of the building, collapsing "oh dear." My dad said "Who do you suppose that was?" I couldn't see much because of the darkness, but I had a foreboding feeling and unbuckled "They might need help." I said, my dad agreed as we got out of the car to get to the person.

And I nearly screamed when I saw who it was.

Kaoru POV

I did it, I actually did it! I found the one thing that Hikaru despised and managed to break He and Elijah up! Part of me wanted to celebrate the success of my plan, but I knew I couldn't just yet. I looked at Hikaru who was on the opposite side of the car, staring out the window.

I decided to play the good brother and patted his back "I'm really sorry about Elijah." I said and to erase any suspicion, I added "Don't worry though, I know you'll find someone soon who will really love you."

If it made him feel better, he didn't show it. He shrugged my hand off and continued to stare out the window "After this, I don't think I'll be able to trust anybody ever again." He turned to me and hugged me "You're the only person I could ever trust Kaoru." His voice cracking at the end "Without you, I'll just be alone in the world."

I was a little surprised to hear him say that, but I hugged him back, not bothering to hide my grin "Thank you Hikaru, I promise that I'll always be here for you."

The car pulled up to the house and we both stopped hugging and walked out, into the house. I went to go to the room, while Hikaru stayed downstairs to get something to eat.

I closed the door to my room quietly and did a happy dance "yes!" I cheered quietly, sitting on my bed "I can't believe that my plan actually worked!" I got out my homework and began to go through it pretty easily.