a hen for a friend⁹

Start from the beginning

he took a small sip and immediately spat it out. "ew!" renjun exclaimed, making jeno give him a wide-eyed look of concern. "it's so bitter and gross. how could anyone drink this?"

"it's fine to me," jeno muttered, placing his own down on the table and crossing his arms as he leaned back in the chair. "i guess you're too used to fruit juice and tea."

"well, it is all i drink," renjun retorted with a tight frown, pushing his cup away with a finger. it would probably take ages to wash the disgusting taste out of his mouth.

"i wonder if jaemin likes coffee," jeno suddenly said thoughtfully. "we should bring him some!"

"uh, no, we should go home," renjun retorted firmly, though a part of him kind of did want to see the human with pretty eyes again, yet he couldn't give an exact reason why to that new feeling. he then decided to retract his original response, "well, fine then. just to bring him coffee. but it's not like you can for sure say he'll be there."

"he usually is, so i have high hopes, my dear guardian angel," jeno said with a grin. 

renjun just tossed his way while jeno brought one for jaemin, and he was surprised he knew how to use their money so well. but then, he has gone to their world several times before, he's bound to know how it works. then, they were teleporting to the same playground. to that certain part of his disappointment, jaemin was nowhere to be found. before he could tell the demon to just go home, a familiar face appeared, just heading up the sidewalk towards the playground.

jaemin then paused at the sight of them, looking startled. "oh! jeno and renjun!"

"we brought you coffee!" was what jeno responded with, happily running over to the human from the playground and handing him the coffee cup he was previously holding. jaemin looked taken aback, but took it anyways, a smile then appearing on his face.

"thanks, i haven't had coffee in awhile," he said gratefully as renjun slowly made his way over as well.

"it's nice to see you again," renjun said once he finally got over there to stand beside jeno, suddenly going shy. jeno noticed the difference in his voice and actions and an idea immediately appeared in his head.

"yeah," jaemin turned his smiling face on renjun just as his phone started to ring. he took it out to check it and frowned. "me and my brother's family are going out. see you."

with that, he left to go back home, leaving the angel and demon alone. once jaemin was out of earshot, the demon took the chance to strike. "do you like jaemin?" he asked.

renjun was quick to retort, "n-no."

"your ears are red," jeno pointed out, making the angel immediately move his hands to cover them.

"i don't!" he said, though he definitely didn't sound convincing.

"hey, don't worry," jeno was grinning again. "i like him just as much as i like you. which is a lot more than you probably realise," he then shot him a wink. renjun remembered when he nonchalantly told the angel that he had a crush on him after he somehow assumed he was feeling jealous because of jaemin. he didn't want to believe it then because he just thought he was saying a dumb joke. but he just admitted it again in another way... did he really like him in that way?