Chap 2 - An Assassin, an Experiment, a Soldier and a Demon

In Chapter 1:

There was indeed a girl she was covered from head to toe blood, bruises, wounds, scratches, filth, and cuts.
Rusting chain held her arms up and her ankles down, her dark brown dress was ripped and drenched in blood.

She looked at them, her eyes, purple with specks of blue and red, her pupil as thin as a cat's, "What's a demon doing here?" she asked weakly before losing consciousness.

Ciel quickly rushed to the girl and tried to break her free, Sebastian followed his Master, breaking the chains that held her. Her body fell limp and Sebastian easily caught her.

Ciel stared at the tortured girl in Sebastian's hands, "W-we should get going."

They quickly got out of the house and into the carriage.

————————————————————————

And so, there laid the girl, with bandages on her wounds, sleeping in the fluff bed of the guest room of the Phantomhive Manor.

She awoke with a start. Sitting up, she looked around the room...

It... it wasn't the basement... she looked at her hands and found the shackles over them were gone, but they had definitely been there once, as her arm was scarred where the mediocrely made metal shackles used to be.

She looked higher up her arms, and saw they were bandaged just tight enough that they didn't hurt... could they have grown tired of torturing her and... who was she kidding?! Of course, they didn't help her.

But who did?

She looked around the room some more, her eyes getting accustomed to the darkness. She quickly found the door and decided she needed to explore and possibly find who had helped her.

She swung her feet off the bed and stumbled a bit.

'Was I tortured for that long that I forgot how to walk?' she thought bitterly.

She took one step at a time, and when she reached the door she thought she could walk without falling.

She opened the door and stepped out.

She saw a hallway, it looked nice, but it didn't give her any information. So she started walking down the hall, getting more used to walking as she went further and further away from the room she slept in.

Soon she came upon a straight maroon-red-haired girl, with thick round glasses.

Mey-rin spotted her, "Gahh! Miss! You shouldn't be out with the state you were in, no you shouldn't!" she exclaimed in.

"What do you mean the state I was in?" she asked.

"Sebastian was carrying you yesterday, and you looked very bloody, yes you did!"

The memories came back to her as she remembers seeing the strange boy and the demon, "Oh, I remember now, thank you."

"Do you need help getting back to your room?" Mey-rin asked, concerned.

"No need, it's fine...?"

"Mey-rin is my name, miss...?"

"Y/N," she said, smiling lightly, "But I do have a question, who owns this house?" Y/N asked, looking around.

"Oh, Master Ciel Phantomhive does. And his butler, Sebastian was the one who carried you, yesterday, and the one who bandaged your wounds," she said, before squeaking.

A tall, black-haired man appeared, "Mey-rin, I heard my name?"

His red eyes pierced trough Y/N's, "Ah, I see you're awake. But, you shouldn't be. From the state you were in yesterday, you should sleep at least 2 more hours," he smiled sweetly, but Y/N saw through it.

"Are you Sebastian?" Y/N asked, looking at him, his gaze hard. Anyone else would have cowered at his gaze, or at least shivered. But not Y/N. She looked at him, her posture composed. It looked like it didn't even bother her.

"Yes, I am. Should I escort you to your room?" he asked, a bit taken aback by her reaction to his gaze, or rather, lack of one.

"If you must," she said as she followed the tall man.

The walk to the room was silent, but Y/N decided to break it, "What is an assassin doing as a maid?" her question made Sebastian stop in his tracks.

"What?"

"What is an assassin doing as a maid, what is an experiment doing as a gardener, what is a soldier doing as a chef, and what is a demon doing as a butler?" Y/N asked, looking straight at Sebastian.

But Sebastian didn't have to answer, as they had arrived at the destination.

Sebastian opened the door, and Y/N walked in.

"The Young Master wants to see you at dinner."