The walk as always wasn't too long, and maybe it only seemed longer today due to the heat and humidity. Fall was nearing sure, but that didn't seem to stop the summer heat from bearing down even as the sun set. Hyunjin had somewhat regretted wearing the hoodie, but he knew the company building was always freezing, so he wouldn't be hot for long. Upon arrival, He'd scanned his ID, informing others that he was allowed to be here, even if they did know who he was, and then found his way to the dance room he'd reserved for the night.

Walking in, The room smelled so clean, the mirrors wiped down and now smear free, the floors squeaky and shiny after getting mopped and swept. Mostly it smelled of alcohol, and not as in the drinking kind. Living in these Covid times, the room was wiped down with disinfectant wipes and sprays after each use, no matter how long the use session was. Hyunjin knew damn well his boss would not be taking any risks on his idols getting COVID, because then that would put his idols on a hold and his money would follow in suit. Oh well, Hyunjin didn't mind the constant cleaning, it made him feel safer and not gross after using the same sweat enforcing room as other people.

Hyunjin did a couple stretches, not wanting to take his own risks of getting hurt with a comeback so near. The comeback nearing was actually the reason he was alone for the night. Felix and Minho had some cooking thing that would help promote their comeback, 3Racha we're adding finishing touches to their new songs, and Seungmin and Jeongin were having vocal lessons. Why everyone had something planned so late in the night Hyunjin had no clue. But it was okay because as for now, he was safe and alone, and those situations always felt so calming.

Turning the computer on, he immediately went to their songs and scrolled through till he found ones he wanted to work on. And as he danced, he imagined the reactions of Stay. He was so ready to perform again that in imagining Stays reaction, he worked harder to make them proud. Nothing had changed, in fact more than ever, he wanted to be a Stray Kid Stays could be proud of.

Sadly, three hours later, it was 9:20 and Hyunjin figured he should head back. He didn't want to, like really didn't want to. He knew as soon as he'd step into their empty apartment his thoughts would take over.
What if somethings in that dark room?

What if something grabs at your feet from under the bed?

What's behind that door? It looks more than just a shadow~

Oooh, I bet somethings behind that shower curtain!

Oh you closed your eyes? Now something is right in front of you.

What was the noise?

Bold of you to turn your back.

Hyunjin knew he'd push the thoughts off as much as he could, But there would always be something that would trigger the thoughts back up. Whether that be a simple noise or dark hallway.

Sighing, Hyunjin wiped his sweaty forehead with a small towel, catching the drops that tried to roll down the sides of his face. He then shut off the music and grabbed his bag, each step going closer to an unsure reality of being alone. That is, if he ever was actually alone. Cutting off the studio lights, Hyunjin walked out and closed the door before his thoughts could make him believe something would suddenly reach out for him amongst the darkness.

Walking out, he waved and bid goodbye to other employees he'd come to know and like. But the closer he did get to facing reality, the more he realized maybe he should've said something, and that maybe, he was a lot more scared than he was willing to admit. Even strolling down the street sent chills down his spine. Each alleyway he passed he'd walk further away from until he cleared it. Each person he passed he'd watch them from the corner of his eye to make sure they really did keep going.