Chapter 271 - 280

Start from the beginning

However, when he heard those words, the shade of the Hell's Lord face turned ugly and the expression on that face that had softened immediately turned tense and dark. He looked at Feng Jiu's face overflowing with smiles and he asked with his brows creased up: "Do you really hate to have any links to this Lord all that much?"

Feng Jiu looked at the Hell's Lord in bewilderment. "Why should I have any links with you?"

When those words fell into the Hell's Lord's ears, the Hell's Lord's lips stiffened and his deep eyes stared penetratingly at her. He had originally prepared a whole bellyful of words to say but seeing her reacting like this, he could not even say a word at all.

With his lips stiffened, he sat there quietly for a while before he stood up under Feng Jiu's puzzled and confused gaze, as he left with a flick of his sleeves without saying a word.

Seeing that, Feng Jiu cradled her chin and her eyes changed, with no one knowing what was going through her mind. The next moment, she similarly got up and went walking outside.

Chapter 272: Hard to Mouth the Words

Back at the residence, Grey Wolf and Shadow One who had come back to wait were discussing in hushed voices to guess how things would turn out when the Lord comes back this time. Who would have known that they had not even discussed several rounds when they already saw their Lord striding in through the door and the two men immediately stood up, to greet respectfully loudly.

"My Lord."

The Hell's Lord cast a passing glance over them and just as he was about to step into the room, his steps under his feet paused. He turned his head to glance over the two men and said in a deep voice: "The grounds in the backyard has grass growing. Both of you go pluck them out! Remember, pull them out yourselves."

The moment his voice fell, he ignored the two completely stunned men behind him and went striding into his room.

"Pluck….. Pluck grass?"

The two men looked at each other in shock, a twitch tugging at the corners of their mouths. With the kind of powers they possessed, few among the Family Heads in the entire Six Path City could even compare to them and the Lord was saying that highly talented individuals like them were to go pluck up weeds?

"Would you say that the Lord has been snubbed once again?" Grey Wolf muttered, the shock on his face not yet faded.

"Come on, let's go. Pull out the weeds it is then. It's at least better than being thrown into the Clear Wind Tower." Shadow One said as he patted Grey Wolf comfortingly on the shoulder, taking the lead to go walk towards the back of the house.

There was no need to say it. The Lord must have been snubbed by the Ghost Doctor. But….. How pitiful it was for them!

Hence, the hidden guards within the shadows of the manor could not help but snigger quietly to themselves, as they looked at their leader and Grey Wolf squatting there in the backyard to get rid of the weeds…..

Back in the room, the Hell's Lord was becoming more enraged the more he thought about it, under to understand why he had come walking back sulkily like this. He was acting just like a aggrieved little lass! Did he really expect to wait for that heartless little woman to come here to coax and appease him?

That was something he need not even think would happen. That woman would surely have liked nothing better than to stay far from him.

The more he thought about it, the more he was unable to suppress the rage rising up inside. He had just sat down by the table for a short while when he stood himself up with a whoosh and went striding outside, intending to go over to her place once again, to clear things up once and for all.