⇢ 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴

Start from the beginning

Y/N sat up on the bed. "Well first off, Tony is not much a morning person, and Morgan's sleeping. Pepper's probably up but could be busy with work."

Nikolai looked down. "Aww."

Natasha kissed the top of his head. "Well, early bird, you're up now. How about you help me make breakfast?"

"Can we make pancakes?" He looked up and asked.

"Of course, Nik."

He beamed and practically leaped off the bed. Natasha smiled at Y/N and also stood up. The man rubbed his eyes and was prepared to start the day with them.

"Friday, can you do me a favor and check if Maggie's awake?" Y/N asked.

"She is still sleeping, sir."

He looked over at the clock and saw it was almost 7 AM.

"Give her ten more minutes, then wake her up with that song she loves." Y/N said.

"You mean the song she hates?"

"It'll still get her up."

"Right, sir."

Y/N got off the bed and pat the top of Nikolai's head, before walking out of the room with him and his wife.

• • •

THE TWO FOUR-YEAR-OLDS scurried through the yard. Morgan wore a makeshift gauntlet from a knit glove while Nikolai held a cardboard shield in his left hand.

"There!" The girl pointed at the Rubik's Cube on a table in the middle of the yard.

"Let's go." Nikola ran first and his friend followed, but Y/N came out from behind a tree, startling then. He wore a store-bought skull mask.

"You will not take back the artifact, heroes." He said in an exaggerated evil voice. "Turn back now."

Y/N slowly took out a small Nerf gun and pointed it at them. He made sure to give Nikolai time to hold up the shield before shooting. The dart bounced off of it and Morgan lifted her hand to act as if she was shooting.

"Argh!" Y/N feigned a cry and dropped to the floor.

Morgan and Nikolai cheered and moved on toward the cube. This time, Tony came out from the bushes wearing a paper bag over his head. It had holes cut out where his eyes were.

"Halt, you gremlins." He spoke in his evil voice. "You got past my partner but you will not get past—"

Nikola immediately threw his cardboard shield at Tony which hit him in the groin. He doubled over and groaned.

"Ow! That was a low—" Tony was interrupted by Morgan also running up and grabbing his leg. The tandem of the two kids got the man on the floor.

"Ah! You win! You win! Take the damn cube." Tony exclaimed in his normal voice.