⇢ 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴

Start from the beginning

"I had to pay Happy over two grand because of that." Tony finished explaining a bet he lost. "I was so sure the Dodgers would pull it off."

"They never seem to get over the hump." Y/N replied as he drank his beer. "They won three years ago, but I think that's where it'll stop for a while."

Tony sighed. "Sad thing is, you might be right."

They sat in silence for a moment enjoying their refreshments before Stark spoke again.

"How's everything at the compound?" He asked.

"Good." Y/N replied. "Nat and I still keep in touch with Okoye, Nebula, and the others. Pietro and Yelena are doing all right. Steve's fine. Rhodey's on his way to Mexico."

"Yeah. I heard." Tony said. "Maggie?"

Y/N nodded. "She's good as well. She started school a few weeks ago and seems to be doing all right."

"Must be quite a culture shock...after being homeschooled for the last few years."

"Well now that her accelerated aging stopped, we wanted her to experience high school...which is something Nat never got to do." Y/N explained. "She's special...we know that...but we also want her to experience things kids her age do."

"That's understandable." Tony said and then sighed. "Thank God I don't have to worry about that shit now, since Morgan ages normally."

"Good for you." Y/N replied sarcastically.

Suddenly, his phone rang and Y/N pulled it out. He saw that it was a call from Natasha.

"Hey, babe." He greeted. Tony continued to drink his beer as he gave them their privacy.

"Hey. How's everything? Nik?"

"He's inside with Pepper and Morgan. Tony and I are outside."

"Okay. I just got a call from Maggie's school..."

"What? Why?"

He heard her sigh on the other end. "She was in a fight. Since it's almost dismissal they want us to pick her up."

Y/N nodded. "Wow. All right. I can go get her now if you're busy."

"Please. Thank you."

"I'll see you back at home. Пока, любовь моя (Bye, my love)."

"Люблю тебя (Love you)."

Y/N ended the call and put the phone back in his pocket. He got up from the chair and took one last swig from his bottle.

"Everything all right?" Tony asked.

"Uh...I gotta go pick up Maggie from school." He answered. "Do you mind taking care of Nik while I go get her?"

"You gonna pay me?" He shot back, but after a brief moment, let out a laugh. "Of course."