⇢ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘯

Start from the beginning

He was in utter shock. "Wha—?"

The arm Y/N held ultimately dissipated as well and Sam had vanished. A breeze came by and blew the ashes away.

Shouts were heard as Y/N stood there. Amongst his confusion, he could tell they were from Pietro.

"Wanda! Ó Bože (Oh, God). Wanda!"

Rhodey also started to call out. "Sam! Sam, where you at?" He ran into Y/N, who had been looking down. "Hey, you all right?"

Y/N stayed silent for a moment as his brain tried to process what he had just witnessed but ultimately spoke.

"He's gone..." Y/N said. "He just...he just vanished."

Rhodey looked at him with a bewildered expression.

It wasn't long until the rest of the team regrouped in an area within the forest. They saw Pietro leaning over the body of Vision. Steve walked closer to him as Natasha stood by with a look of awe.

"Pietro?" Rogers asked.

He shook his head and kept looking down. "Wanda's gone." He punched down at the dirt as tears welled up in his eyes. "She's gone!"

Thor, Steve, and Natasha understood what he meant. Y/N also knew since he had just witnessed the same thing happen to Sam. But the rest of the team still didn't fully comprehend what was going on.

"What is this?" Rhodey asked. "What the hell is happening?"

All that was left in the forest was Y/N, Natasha, Steve, Thor, Okoye, Rhodey, Pietro, Banner, and Rocket. Everybody else that was there...T'Challa, Sam, Wanda, Groot, Bucky...they were gone.

Everybody stood silent as Steve sat beside Vision's body

Everybody stood silent as Steve sat beside Vision's body. The thought of what had transpired shook him to his core. He didn't want to believe that they had lost.

But they did.

"Oh, God." Steve muttered.

Y/N glanced at Natasha nearby, who leaned against a tree and kept looking down

Y/N glanced at Natasha nearby, who leaned against a tree and kept looking down. Upon looking at the faces of the rest of his colleagues, he felt the same feeling that they had. The feeling of defeat.