⇢ 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘺

Start from the beginning

"Yes, you can." Y/N replied. "Cap, why can't we just have Wanda toss Rumlow into the sky or something? Or have Pietro wrap him in duct tape really fast?"

"Well, he has to show up first." Steve answered. "And that sounds absurd."

Y/N scoffed and continued with his puzzle. "No it's not."

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." Natasha told him.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam spoke.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" She replied.

"Eyes on target, folks." Steve told his team. "This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him."

Sam chuckled. "If he sees us coming, that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us."

"Who do you think he hates the most?" Y/N asked.

"You." Sam and Natasha answered in unison.

"Really?" Y/N asked with genuine surprise.

"You kicked his ass and left him to get buried in rubble." Sam said.

"Oh, yeah." Y/N replied. "I didn't drop the building though. You and Cap brought the carriers down."

"I don't think Rumlow cares."

Rogers ignored their exchange and looked out the window of the building he was hiding in. He noticed a garbage truck trying to get through traffic.

"Sam...see that garbage truck? Tag it."

From the roof of a building a couple blocks away, Sam deployed Redwing from his pack and manned it. He flew it down towards the street and scanned the vehicle using its X-Ray feature.

"That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed." He informed them.

"It's a bettering ram." Natasha said in realization.

"Go now." Steve ordered.

Wanda was confused. "What?"

"He's not hitting the police."

Y/N knew it was time to act. He dropped his pencil and left the table before running out of the cafe with Natasha and Wanda following.

The truck rammed through the entrance of the Institute for Infectious Diseases. A few more vehicles containing Rumlow's mercenaries arrived afterwards and shot down the security guards upon exiting.

Crossbones got off one of the trucks and ordered his men to infiltrate the building. A few mercenaries threw gas canisters through the window to subdue the occupants and put on their own gas masks before going inside.

Several of Rumlow's gunmen were on lookout outside, and they suddenly heard a noise in the sky...similar to a jet flying by.

They looked up to see a glimpse of the Falcon, who dropped off Captain America and the super soldier quickly kicked one of the mercenaries down.

He brought up his shield to deflect incoming bullets before kicking the truck in front of him into the shooter. He tossed his shield at a mercenary which hit their chest and retreated back into his hand.