⇢ 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘴...

Start from the beginning

"I was meant to be new. I was meant to be beautiful. The world would have looked to the sky and seen hope, seen mercy. Instead they'll look up in horror because of you."

The robot was right. Because of the Avengers' capture of the Cradle, Ultron was stuck in his current form.

"You've wounded me. You took away my vision. I give you full marks for that." He said. "But like the man said, what doesn't kill me..."

He was suddenly impaled through the head and ripped in half

He was suddenly impaled through the head and ripped in half. Ultron's upgraded form stepped over his now- mangled former body and walked up to Y/N.

"...just makes me stronger." He finished.

"Now that was dramatic." Y/N remarked, purposely referencing the robot's statement back at the party. "You do that every time you wanna beef up?"

Ultron let out a chuckle. "Joke all you want. That's all you have right now."

He walked back towards his table.

"If you hadn't interfered, I would've made extinction swift with the warheads. But now, I have to resort to other methods. One that won't be as quick."

"Why are you doing this?" He went up to the bars. "Tony made you for peace."

"It's evolution. Only a primitive mind would fail to see the distinction." Ultron began. "Your father, your friends...they are blinded from the truth. You know what needs to happen."

"You're insane." Y/N shot back.

Ultron looked back at him before walking away.

"Insanely determined...to achieve peace."

• • •

IT FELT LIKE he'd been there for several hours. Y/N hadn't seen Ultron since their conversation earlier that day and was confined to his cell while the robot enacted his plan.

He wondered where everybody was, but only hoped that they were safe and out of Ultron's crosshairs for now. A part of him didn't want them to risk coming to save him if it meant entering Ultron's dominion.

But what he didn't know was that they were going to do exactly that. To save him and end Ultron once and for all.

"Y/N!" A voice called out, and he immediately knew who it was.

"Natasha?"

The redhead saw the cell and ran up it. Y/N put his hand on top of hers after she placed it on the bars.