𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

DEJAH

two months later

"Lindsay, you sure you okay? I don't want you doing anything extra like seriously." I pushed her wheelchair gently into the kitchen. "Yes, I'm sure." She nodded and gave a fake-smile. I couldn't help but laugh. Knowing Lindsay—she wanted to do everything on her own.

Today was her second day back home. After the incident Lindsay spent a couple of weeks in the hospital and a few weeks in physical therapy to get her body back to normal. Even though she was cleared, the doctor suggested that Lindsay stay on a wheelchair for one more week before she started walking back on her feet. I of course kept an eye on Lindsay for sure.

We didn't find the shooter, all that mattered was that Lindsay was okay. Her mom was so shocked that she postponed the wedding. Nothing mattered more to her than her daughter.

"I just want some lemon juice out the fridge please." She pointed. I nodded and opened the refrigerator to get the juice and I then poured a glass.

"How do you feel?" I kept asking. I wanted to make sure she was 100% okay. "Dejah, I'm okay. I feel fine my leg just hurts a little."

"The real question..." She raised her eyebrow. I shook my head. "How are you doing?"

"I'm feeling good as long as you're okay." I picked up her phone and my eyes widened as I opened the screen. "Girl you got so many missed calls and texts from Joe!" I giggled.

She attempted to grab the phone but couldn't because she was sitting. I handed it to her. "I haven't gotten a chance to talk him ever since last week when he visited me at the hospital."

I smiled. I loved the fact that Lindsay and Joe were so tight with each other. This is the actual first time I saw Lindsay so invested into a relationship. "You're inviting him to the wedd—" Just as I was about to finish my sentence Mrs.Mason came to the kitchen from downstairs. "Oh hey girls. I'm just coming down to get a breakfast snack and I'll be on my way." She gave me a hug and squeezed Lindsay's shoulder.

We nodded. She grabbed a biscuit pack from the pantry and I stared at her engagement ring. It was so pretty and perfect. Made me think if I ever was gonna get married and have kids.

"Dejah do you have your dressed picked out for the wedding?" She glanced at me. I nodded. "Yeah, it's a pink color." I smiled brightly. "That's nice. I heard Lindsay is bringing a date. Is that true?"

"Mom!" Lindsay rolled her eyes from embarrassment. "Girl," I gave Lindsay a look then turned back to Ms.Mason. "His name is Joseph." Her eyes widened. "Joseph? Okay. How about you?"

I stood for a moment silent. Lindsay looked at me as well—I guess she was waiting to hear my answer. "I'm going solo." I shrugged. "Damn, I thought that boy you was with at the hospital was your boyfriend."

"Who? Kentrell? No, no. We ARE not together." I shook my head rapidly. "That was her ex." Lindsay blurted out. "But don't worry they're getting back together."

"We're not." I grabbed a water bottle from the refrigerator. "I hope y'all do cause you two look cute together and it would be nice for you to bring someone else as a companion." Mrs.Mason suggested before her phone started ringing.

"Hello? Yes! I'm on my way right now." She grabbed her bag from the counter and gave the both of us a goodbye wave before leaving the kitchen.