𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

DEJAH

"Wake up." I took the blankets off of Italy. "Mhmm, what are you doing? I told you I don't feel good." Italy covered her eyes and tried to pull the blankets back over. I pulled them back before she could. "You not gone try that with me. Get yo ass up for school." I opened the blinds and the sun's light shined all over the room.

Italy groaned and turned on the other side. "Girl you've been in this house for how many days—today is your first day back at school." I pulled out my phone. "No, it's tomorrow." She cheesed.

"I got an email from your school and they said you go back TODAY. Try that with mom, not me." I walked out of her room and stood by the door.

"Hurry and get dressed. Kentrell is taking you to school."

Instantly Italy got up. "Kentrell? Okay." She grabbed her towel and ran to the bathroom. I nodded before closing the door and smirking. Girl you thought.

I went to my room and pulled out my laptop. Just as I turned on it, I received a call from Kentrell. "Hello?" I spoke into the phone. "Goodmorning." He said properly. I couldn't help but smile."Goodmorning, Kentrell."

"Last time I checked, my name was daddy." I busted out laughing. "Boy please." I could tell that he was smiling. Suddenly, I heard crying in the background.

"Kacey what?" Kentrell snapped and Kacey stopped crying. "Don't be mean." I pouted. "Nah cause he tripping. He been crying all last night and he crying again like it's only seven in the morning dawg." Kentrell complained.

"Obviously there's something wrong." I explained. "I can't watch them today I gotta go to the studio and get some shit done with Montana."

"Them?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yeah. Kacey an' Kamiri."

I checked the time. It was 7:15. "I can watch them for you." I shrugged. "Nah. You got work an' I don't want to make it a burden on you."

"Kentrell," I got up. "It's not. I'm off today and it's not a burden. I love your kids." "Ma, you forreal?"

"Yes." I nodded. "When you going to the studio and how long will you be there? Cause I gotta drop Italy off at school by 7:30."

"I'm gone go around 8:30." He responded. "Okay babe. I'll be there as soon as I drop Italy off. Don't stress about it."

"Okay. And Dejah?" He said but my finger was already on the hang up button. I held it to stop from hanging up. "Yes?"

"I love—" before he could say what he had to say the call hung up. I stood there wondering if I should call him back. I'll just wait when I come over.

I had already took a shower now I just had to find something comfortable to wear. I grabbed some comfy jeans and a bodysuit and my cute Tory sandals.

I sprayed perfume on and grabbed all my belongings while putting them in a purse before I left my room. "Italy?" I knocked on the room door. No sound. I opened the door to see Italy struggling to put her shoes on. "How I finished dressing before you?" I chuckled.

"Kentrell's here?" She ignored my comment and grabbed her backpack. "Oh, you thought I was serious?" I busted out laughing. She stood there giving me a straight faced look. Then she pushed me out of the way and walked downstairs. "Shawty really thought." I shook my head.

By the time I dropped Italy off, it was 7:48. She insisted that we get McDonald's and that was something I could never deny. McDonald's breakfast hit different. I made my way to Kentrell's house all while listening to SZA and Jhene Aiko.
Shit really calms your mind.