With Ruby As The Goal

Start from the beginning

"Like...aren't you mad?" Amethyst asked. "Kind of? She was sorta good and bad...but I guess what really matters is how Garnet took it." I said. "But what about you?! She's your mom! And you were always under all this pressure to be like her. She was supposed to be so great, and was supposed to know everything! It just isn't fair, we shouldn't have to deal with other people's problems, this has nothing to do with us- with me!" Amethyst said, slamming her fist on the table. "H-hey, easy now. This isn't back at the Temple, you gotta be polite." Y/n said. "Amethyst, hold on, are you okay?" I asked. I got an annoyed Amethyst reply, when suddenly Jenny walked inside the store.

"I just got the biggest tip from Mr. Universe and I am finally gonna buy those new shoes I wanted!" Jenny exclaimed. "Woah, really?" Kiki asked. "Mhm, he was out on some kind of hill and must've been comforting some little guy, cause they were all red." Jenny replied. "Ruby!" The 3 of us said. "Listen you 2, nothing more should be forced onto you. Just leave Ruby to me." Amethyst said, running out the door. "Hold on a second, are you insane?!" Y/n yelled. As Amethyst ran outside, Y/n and I ran after her. "Amethyst, wait! There is someone who needs help more and it's you, we gotta talk!" I yelled.

"There's nothing to talk about, I'm finding Ruby!" Amethyst yelled, shapeshifting into a helicopter and flying away. "Just let me help you with your feelings!" I shouted, jumping up to Amethyst. "Are you kidding me?! There's never a single break!" Y/n groaned, glowing blue again and jumping up super high. "Hey, get off my back, you 2!" Amethyst yelled. "You're gonna feel so much better if you open up!" I shouted back. "Watch out!" Y/n exclaimed, ducking and pulling me inside the passenger area. "Phew, thanks." I said. The ride was getting increasingly bumpier the more it went on. "Amethyst, look out!" I shouted as Amethyst collided with a water tower.

"We're crashing! Brace yourselves!" Amethyst yelled, violently swerving downwards. "Oof...Y/n, you alright?" I asked, sitting up. Out of the sand, Y/n burst out in an interesting fashion. "AHA, I'M UNKILLABLE!" Y/n shouted. "Amethyst?" I said, watching her get up. "You wanna know how I really feel?" Amethyst asked, very irritated. "Uh, yeah. I think I made that pretty clear already." I replied. "I feel that we shouldn't be responsible for everything that's happened in the past. I can't stand you 2 being dragged into gem business just because you have some kind of family correlation, this has nothing to do with any of you! I will NOT dump another 1000 year war complex on any of you!" Amethyst stated, looking towards the sky.

"Amethyst..." I mumbled, taking in everything she said. I deeply thought about it for a moment, before coming to an obvious conclusion. "Hold on a minute, have you been trying to cheer me up this whole time?" I asked, realizing everything. "Oh my gosh, YES!" Amethyst said, laying on the ground. "Well, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think you're officially the most mature Crystal Gem." I said, flashing her a smile. "Oh, nooo...gross! This is what this is, isn't it?" Amethyst said. "Yeah, kinda." I replied, giggling. "I caught on earlier, so I tried to play along. I guess you weren't too keen on trying to relax, huh?" Y/n chuckled, sitting down next to me. "Guess not, sorry about that. I should've picked up on that sooner." I apologized, interlocking fingers with him.

Y/n POV

It was nice, we finally got Steven to just...relax for a moment, and enjoyed a nice minute on the beach as we watched the sun start to set. "So, you still wanna find Ruby?" Amethyst asked. "Yeah." Steven replied, looking over to me as I nodded my head. We stood up and started to head out, but I decided to get one last look at the sun. But...something wasn't right. The sun turned...black?! I looked down to my palm and saw my mark...but it was different. And that's when I heard it...a voice.

"Eryx..." The voice said with a raspy tone.

"Y/n? Y/n!" Steven said, breaking me out of my trance. "H-huh?" I said, shocked for a moment. "We're heading out, you alright?" Steven asked me. "Y-yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about it." I said, shaking it off. We hopped inside Amethyst, who shape shifted back into a helicopter. "Just what the heck was that earlier...?" I thought to myself. Eventually, we found Ruby sitting on a hill next to Greg. "There they are!" Steven shouted. "Landing now!" Amethyst replied. "Wow...she really was all the way out here." I said, rubbing the back of my neck. "Hey guys!" Steven said, walking up to Ruby and Greg. "Huh? How'd you 3 find me?" Ruby asked, surprised to see us. "Heard a tip from someone that you had ordered pizza." I replied. "Oh, well Ruby was just telling me about your mom." Greg said.