~ Chapter Five

It's been one month now for me since I had arrived in Berlin. A lot has happened as well. Remember that I told you that my new job would start in two months? It appeared that they needed me a month earlier, because the former management assistant left earlier than expected.
To be honest I haven't done a lot in a month. I settled in my room and got to know Berlin much better.

Before I forget Nico also started to follow me on Instagram. No clue how he even found me on social media anyway. But to be nice I followed him back and listened a bit to his music. He has a really good voice and nice songs to listen to.

Going back to my new job. I was getting ready, I just had taken a shower and was dressing myself. At the same moment my phone got a message. Since I was curious I checked the notification, it said:

Nicosantosofficial has send you a message on Instagram.

What the hell?! Why did the guy send me a message? I unlocked my phone to open the message.

[07:35 am Nicosantosofficial] Hey Hannah, how are you? Wanted to wish you good luck today at work! ☺️

Good lord! How does he know about that? Is he some psychic? I was a bit in shock and put my phone away. Made myself ready by putting my Vans on. Applied some eyeliner under my eyes and mascara on my wimpers. After that I left in a hurry to the metro. Thankfully I had a subscription now on the metro and I could take any metro I wanted.

I was just in time into the metro to Warschauerstrasse. It was a fifteen minute ride to the station and a five minute walk to the big office. My work started around 8:30 am. I still had 25 minutes left to get to work. But of course on our way something happened with the doors of the metro. After 25 minutes I arrived at station Warschauerstrasse and I was too late of course. I ran out of the station to the office.

When I arrived at the office I saw my manager Moritz was waiting for me already. Thanks to the metro I was ten minutes late.
"I'm so sorry! The doors of my metro couldn't open and we got delayed."
"Good morning to you too Hannah. Don't worry about that! I'm glad you are here after all and that you could start a month earlier! We are thankful for that."
"No problem at all. I'm glad I could help you out of trouble."
"Glad to hear that! Now if you will walk with me to the office?"
"Yes!"

Moritz smiled and walked to the elevator. We talked a bit before we were on the tenth floor of the building. While we walked to his office I looked outside the window. The sight over the city and the Spree River was absolutely magnificent. A short walk later we arrived at Mortiz's office I saw someone standing also in front of the window.
"Morning Nico!" Moritz said.

NICO?! There was an error in my head. For god's sake why was Nico in the same office as me? Nico turned around and smiled when his eyes met mine.
"Hannah, this is Nico Santos! Nico, this is Hannah van Veer"
"Hi Hannah! It's nice to meet you." Nico smiled once again.

I didn't know what to say or what I said at all.
"Err... hi Nico."
"We have to talk about your job description. We made some changes, if that's OK with you?"
"Well, it depends on what has changed." I tried to sound calm.

But deep deep in my mind I didn't know what was going on and that freaked me out.
"As you know Nico is a famous singer and songwriter here in Germany."
"Yes." I mumbled.
"We know you applied as a management assistant for me. But Nico here is in need of a personal assistant. We thought it would be a good idea that you would be Nico's personal assistant."
"Wait what? Why?"
"You know to help Nico with personal matters, managing his appointments, taking care of arrangements and so on. I know it's last minute and a huge change. But you would help us a lot!"
"I'll do my best." I said.
"Thank you so much! Maybe it's a good idea to get to know each other first. Have a coffee here somewhere in Berlin and show Hannah around will you Nico?"
"Will do that, Moritz!"