Chapter 19: We are all okay

Start from the beginning

"And you Amy ? When is your pregnancy scan today ? " My mom asked trying to change the topic as she rolled her eyes looking at us but I could see her fighting off a smile.

" At around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. We have to leave work early to get there ? But we get to find out the gender so we are excited. We are finding out differently this time than last time because Leo wants to come with so we will find out there. " Amy said.

"Aww we want to find out with you guys to. " Missy said pouting.

"Sorry Missy we made a promise to Leo. " Amy said.

"We will tell you right after. " I said trying to cheer her up.

"But I want to find out with you. "

"Why don't I invite all your friends here for lunch and then when you are there you can call me and I will put it on speaker so we can find out with you. " My mom said passing Amy and Missy their food.

"They will be at work. They won't get off early to do that. " I said.

"Actually you are wrong. They all said yes. " Missy said smiling as she shook her phone.

"So it is done. This is happening. " My mom said passing Georgie and me our food.

Before I could argue with her she called for Leo now," Leo come get your breakfast please. " .

"I guess we are sharing this with them then . " I said to Amy as I rolled my eyes with a small smile.

"Did you really think we wouldn't ? This is our family. I couldn't imagine a better way of doing this. " She said with a huge smile as she held my hand tighter.

"Yeah but your doctor will think we are weird. "

"Well we are weird but that's what I love the most about us. " She said laughing.

"You are amazing Amy. " I said in amazement on how she is able to find the good in everything.

"I know. " She said taking another bite of food which made me chuckle.

Leo came running into the kitchen with his train conductor hat and sat next to Amy eating his food.

"Thank you meemaw. " Leo said eagerly digging in.

"No problem my baby. You just eat your food and enjoy it. " My mom said sitting next to Leo as she was eating her food also.

We ate in silence enjoying the food. I looked at my watch now to see how late it was.

"We are late Amy. We better get going. " I said.

"Okay let's go then. Goodbye Leo. Listen to everyone and be good. We will pick you up later. Enjoy your day off school." Amy said kissing his head .

"I still can't believe I agreed to that. " I said shaking my head.

"Let the poor boy have a break. " Missy said.

"Goodbye Leo. Be a good boy for us. We will see you later. " I said giving him a half hug as he was more interested in his food but as soon as I was about to let go he stopped eating to hug me with both arms as tight as he could. He then jumped off to hug Amy the same way.

"I will see you later" He said more as a question than a statement. He did this all the time. The first couple off days he refused to leave us even to sleep. He slept with us scared we would dissapear. He was improving slowly. He could sleep by himself again and tolerate being away from us for a certain amount of time. I hated seeing him so scared all the time. I hated that we were all still so scared.