Chapter 19: We are all okay

Start from the beginning

"I apologize Amy that you have to put up with them. " My mom said.

"Don't be . I wish I could have a sibling that is annoying but I love them anyway. " Amy said with a smile but there was a sadness in it.

"Well I am sorry you didn't get a sibling like that but you did get a husband that fits that. " Missy said looking at me.

"Now I understand why she wanted to marry you Sheldon. It is because you are annoying. " Georgie said smiling looking at me,happy the tables turned.

Before I could say something Leo got my attention.

"Daddy I solved them. " He said handing me his book.

I took it and checked the answers.

"Leo if I have 8 apples and you take away 5 how many will I have ?" I asked.

He frowned counting on his fingers now then smiled as he got the answer," 3 apples. " He said proud of his achievement.

"That's correct my boy. You did well. You got them all right. " I said so proud of him.

" I got them right mommy. I got them Right." He said to Amy now showing his work.

"That is amazing sweetie. Are you going to be smarter than daddy one day ?" She asked with a sparkle in her eye as she looked at Leo which seemed to make me smile more.

"I am already smarter than daddy." He said as if it were a fact.

"Woah woah let's not get ahead of ourselves here. You are smart Leo but you still have a long way to go to be smarter than me but you will get there don't worry. " I said.

Everyone laughed now.

" But I can tell you something. You are already smarter than Uncle Georgie. " I said laughing.

"How dumb do you think I am Sheldon. That your 5 year old son would be smarter than me. " Georgie said insulted.

"Okay I am cutting this conversation before you tell each other that you are stupid. You guys aren't stupid and Leo I am proud of you. So so proud . You are so smart. Missy and Georgie when is your flight leaving tommorow?" My mom asked changing the subject.

"Thank you meemaw. " Leo said smiling .

"You can go play with your trains now if you want before breakfast. Only if you have brushed your teeth. " I said.

"I have daddy. " He said smiling wide showing his pearly white teeth.

"That's a good boy go play now I will call you for breakfast. "

He jumped off the chair and grabbed his train conductor hat as he put it on,"Whoo Whoo" he said pretending a invisible chain in sync.

Amy laughed now," He really is your son. " She said with a big smile as she watched him run off into the other room. I felt so happy I was here for that. For them.

"He is our son. " I said holding her hand as she sat next to me.

"We are leaving tomorrow late afternoon. " Missy said answering my mom's question.

"Please don't forget to take Georgie with you Missy. He is one thing you can't forget. " I said.

"You are going to miss me brother admit it. " Georgie said.

"In your dreams maybe. "

He brought me closer with his one arm and ruffled my hair as he started laughing.

"Georgie you are the most annoying person I have ever met. " I said trying to fix my hair.

"Back at ya brother. " He said pretend shooting me as he winked.