༒chapter twenty-one༒

In the limo, when we get close to the Isle, I see something glowing in my pocket. Carlos sees it and furrows his brows before pointing at it. "Uh, Harper, you have, a, uh, glowing thing in there."

I look down, take off my blazer, and clear my throat before grabbing the ember out, being sure none of them can actually see what it is. As we get closer and closer to the Isle, the glowing become brighter. As soon as we enter the Isle, it stops glowing.

I shake my head and shrug, putting it back in my pocket. "Oh, that's no big deal." Mal looks at me weird. "Well, we're here," I say as we park.

I'm the first out, Carlos and Jay following directly behind me.

"We can wait around a little bit until they all arrive," Jay says, seeing as our group isn't here yet.

I see a flash of something metal coming from an alley off to the side. I could have sworn...

"Hey, Carlos?" He turns to me and hums. "I'll be right back, okay?"

"Okay."

I nod and walk towards the alley I saw the flash in, speeding myself up when I get closer. I come to an abrupt stop in the middle of the alley, seeing no one there, so I sigh.

A second later, someone shoves the hat over my eyes. I turn around quickly and move my hand to slap the person, only for my wrist to get caught.

Cold metal runs up my chin to the hat before it is lifting it away from my eyes.

"Miss me?"

A smile grows on my face when I see Harry. I grab his cheek before crashing my lips against his. He raises he brows and smirks.

When I pull away and hug him hard, he chuckles and says, "I guess you must've missed me."

I pull away from him with my hands on his shoulders, his around my waist. "Oh my god," I say, "I had Evie put you on this list, I promise. I made sure you were on the list. But the others wanted us to bring the younger part of the generation, and I picked Ginny because they were going for the younger ones. Oh my god, Harry, I wanted to take you with. I mean, we can only take five, and you know. I really care about you, obviously. Like, I really, really wanted—"

He puts his finger on my mouth and shushes me. "You're rambling, Harper," he chuckles then shakes his head, "It's okay, Harper. Don't worry about it, okay?"

I nod. "Yeah, obviously."

He snickers. "Oh, you've gotten worse at pretending like you don't care."

I shove his shoulder and he starts laughing quietly.

"She said she would be right back," I hear Carlos say.

I sigh. "That's probably supposed to be my que to leave."

He nods as I start to walk away. Before I can get far, he grabs my wrist and drags me back before pressing his lips to mine. Then he pulls away and nods. "Glad to see you still wearing the hat," is all he says before he starts walking away.

"Goodbye!" I say after him.

He waves and shouts back, "Goodbye!"

When I get back over to the others, the kids are already there.

"Where'd you go?" Jay asks.

I shrug and breath out heavily. "No where important. Just a small reunion." Carlos tries to hide a laugh behind his hand.

"Oh, you're in deep, aren't you?" I hear Ginny ask from a few feet in front of me, glancing at my hat.

I roll my eyes. "Get over here, you little asshole." She smiles before she comes over and I wrap my arm around her.