I can hear Vic moving around downstairs, doing whatever it is he has to do. He’s been so great to me, and I sometimes wonder how I got so lucky. He’s everything I could have ever asked for, and he doesn’t even know it. He blames himself for a lot of things that go on, whether it be the few accidents I’ve had, or me burning dinner, he always blames himself. It’s like he’s got something wired into his brain that tells him nothing can be anyone’s fault but his own. The way he thinks sometimes scares me, but I try not to think about it too much.

--

Vic

Kellin only knows part of the reason why we are leaving, but not all of it.

Truth be told, the gang has targeted, but they’ve also done more than that. They have search teams out for him, and could do anything at any second.

The guys in my gang have been very careful, trying to tie any loose ends, but, something fell through, and the opposing gang has found more information about Kellin than either of us would be comfortable with.

I have to move the three of us because they are planning an attack. I have an outside source notifying me of their every move, and I was recently told that they were close to launching a full blown kidnapping. They want him dead, and I know it’s only because they want to hurt me.

A loud knock sounds from the door, and I’m hesitant to open it, before I think about the fact that it could be someone I know.

I crack the door open, poking my head out to see who it could be, breathing a sigh of relief when I catch a glimpse of Mike, but freezing up when I see how panicked he looks.

“V-V-Vic. There’s, there’s something we need to talk about. Now.” He runs into the door, clenching his eyes shut and pinching the bridge of his nose before speaking again.

“They’ve moved. The entire gang is on the lookout for Kellin. I suggest you leave, because they’re closing in on this side of the town, and this is the first place they’ll look once they find out he’s here.” My heart dropped.

“I don’t know what to do, Mikey. He, he’s got the baby, and he has to take care of himself, and he will be devastated if he loses the baby, and I can’t let him get too stressed, but telling him about this could kill him, and I don’t know what to do, because stress is bad for the baby, but I can’t let him stay here and risk it. I-I don’t know what to do, Mike.” My thoughts were a mess, I was just saying whatever would come to mind. I knew I didn’t have time to stop and think, but I also didn’t have the heart to tell Kellin about this.

“Vic, you have to do what you have to do. Kellin is a fighter. He will make it. Just tell him that the safe house is ready, and that you want to get there early if that would ease your mind. Just remember, you have to keep him safe, and you have to do what you can to protect your family. Now, should I come with you?” He asked, getting right to the point.

“Y-yeah, you’re right. I’ll go get him up, and explain that we have to leave a little earlier than planned. You just grab what you can, and meet us outside.” I say, voice shaky and hands sweaty.

“Okay, and, Vic, remember, everything is going to be alright.” He put his hand on my shoulder, squeezing, before letting go and hurrying to gather what he could.

--

Marcus

The gang had been planning to get to Kellin for a few days, and with his refusal to comply, there was nothing else I could do with the time I had. Hopefully, Vic had gotten the memo from a messenger, and was taking action, but there wasn’t a great chance of that.

We were an hour away from where Kellin and Vic supposedly live, speeding towards the location, when our tire went flat, so we had to stop and fix it. That took an hour off our trip, but I was thankful. Maybe Kellin and Vic would actually be gone before we got to their home.

--

Pulling up to the house, we noticed that all the lights were off, and that there was no sign of anyone being here, but it was late at night, and they could be asleep. I hope they aren’t though. I hope they were able to get far away from here, riding off to a safe place that would never be found.

My wishes were granted when we crept through the door, finding that the house was, in fact, completely empty. There were a few pieces of furniture, but everything else was taken away. Dishes, televisions, decorations, pictures, books, clothes, everything. Nothing but the basics remained.

“Fuck! I thought for sure they would still be here!” David screamed.

“Well, they had to have left recently.  Someone was here when I came around a day ago.” Emile replies.

“And you didn’t call backup to attack, you fool? We could have already ended the boy, you idiot!” Marcus stomped out of the house, fuming with anger.

I don’t understand why Marcus is so intent to kill everything that moves. He doesn’t care for anyone, and he resorts to the most violent crimes to solve his problems. There are no words that could describe how much I despise him, especially after discovering that he planned to kill the innocent child. It hasn’t even taken its first breath yet, and he feels the need to end its life before it has begun.  

Kellin and Vic, wherever you are, please, be safe.

--

Thanks for reading

This is super short and not so good i just really wanted to get something out for you guys oops 

I came up with the greatest idea for this story earlier today and im jumping with excitement Im

Madness comes out tomorrow and I’m getting a new phone Wednesday hell yes

Ily all. Until tomorrow x