Chapter 8

“Do you have everything?” I asked Vic.

“Yeah, I think so. I’m going to head out now. Call me if you need anything. I love you, angel.” He said, leaning over and giving me a long kiss, before pulling away and walking out the door.

Vic was called in for a gang meeting an hour ago, and he was just leaving to attend.

It made me kind of sad that Vic had to leave, seeing as I would have to figure out something to do, and I also wanted to spend time with my husband. I understand that he has a gang to manage, but, sometimes that gets in the way. Especially on days when I’m feeling extra clingy.

Getting dressed, I decide to call up Mike to see if he wants to grab something to eat. We barely have anything at the house, and I need something to do for at least an hour, or two.

“Hello?” Mike answers.

“Hey, Mike, it’s Kellin. Do you want to go grab something to eat somewhere? Vic just left for a meeting, I’m hungry, and there’s nothing to do, or eat, in this house.”

“Yeah, just give me like, five minutes and I’ll be there.”

“Okay. See you soon.” With that, I hang up the phone, grabbing my wallet and shoes, then heading for the living room.

After I put my shoes on, which took longer than expected because my stomach started to cramp up when I bent over, I heard a knock on the door, signaling that Mike had arrived.

“Hey, you ready to go?” I asked. Mike shook his head, and we walked out to the car, climbing in and driving off to the restaurant.

--

“So, Kell, how has everything been with Vic and the baby?” Mike questioned after we had received our food.

“We’ve all been great. Vic seems to be really excited about it, and I know I am. The only thing I dislike is the morning sickness, really.” My eyes scan over the restaurant as the feeling of being watch washes over me.

“Mike, who is that, and why is he looking at us?” I ask nervously, when my eyes fall on an unfamiliar person staring back at our table.

“I don’t know, um, oh, shit.” He looks away when the guy starts walking over here, and tells me to act natural, as the guy could be dangerous. This only induces more nerves, and I start to silently worry, fidgeting with my hands under the table.

“Hey, are you Kellin Fuentes?” The mystery man asks when he reaches our table.

“Um, y-yes. Who are you?” I ask.

“I’m Marcus Cole. Can I have a word with you?” I look at him a little closer, trying to decide if he is trustworthy enough, and then it hits me.

“You’re the guy t-that tried to k-kill me. I, you, I-“ Mike puts his hand on my shoulder, trying to get me to calm down.

“Kell, are you sure this is the guy?” He whispers.

“Yeah, please don’t let me go with him. I can’t- I, I don’t want to. Please.” I say with pleading eyes.

“Kellin, I’m not here to hurt you. I just want to talk to you about something you may want to know. The gang I’m in, they’re after you. If you just come with me-“

“Fuck off, man! There’s no way in hell he’s going anywhere with you!”

“He needs to talk with me! He, and his child, could be in serious danger if you do not listen to me! I’m trying to help!” I start to panic when Marcus mentions the baby and I being put in danger, and decide it’s best for me to go home. I can’t get into any trouble there, right?