Chapter 402

Matt's POV: After carrying Louie inside, I smiled as I went to take off his shoes before rubbing his back and carrying him towards his room. "Someone's ready to take a nap isn't he bud?" Louie nodded when I said that. Walking by Gabby, she smiled. "After my kiss of course." I then smiled as I went to kiss her softly but she just looked at me. "Oh, you meant him." Gabby then shook her head while I brought Louie off of my shoulder so that she could kiss him. "Have a good rest bud." He agreed and nodded while kissing Gabby. I then smiled at her and grabbed her hand. "Mom?"

Gabby then smiled. "I asked her for some time alone with just us and the kids. We haven't been alone just the two of us in a month. Between the nurses, doctors and visits..." I nodded and understood what she meant. "Hey, of course...I get it." I then brought her close to me before bending down to kiss her softly. "How about you go to the bedroom okay?" Gabby nodded and agreed while I went to look at Louie. Carrying him to his room, I smiled as I went to kiss his forehead. "Daddy had fun at lunch with you today Louie. It was nice just being the boys eh?"

Louie nodded when I asked him that. "Mommy come next time?" I thought about it and nodded. "Maybe next time we can do a picnic in the park? You can play on the playground." Louie nodded when I said that. I then went to lay him down on his big boy bed and smiled while going to grab his shorts and a new t-shirt. "Want to help daddy get you changed for nap time?" Get agreed and went to take off his shirt and I just smiled at him. "That's a good job Louie. Now, how about your pants? Can you do them for daddy?" He nodded and took them off for me.

I smiled when he did that before going to grab his sweats and sitting down next to him. "Good job buddy. Now, this I can help you with okay?" He nodded and agreed with me when I said that. Getting up, he stood in my lap while stepping into his shorts. I then went to blow air on his stomach and smiled as I went to tickle him a bit. "Daddy, I tired." I nodded and agreed while going to grab his shirt. "Of course buddy, what was daddy thinking?" I then went to hit my head, acting like I was stupid. Louie liked when I did that and went to hit my head too.

However, I didn't like it when he did that. "Hey, what did I tell you last time you did that?" I then went to grab his arms. Louie then got nervous and looked at me. "Me no hit daddy?" I nodded when he said that. "That's right. We don't hit, punch, scratch or hurt anybody. Especially not your brother and sister. Do you remember their names?" Louie then nodded. "Hannah and Gabby." I then smiled when he said that. "No, Gabby is mommy. Your brother's name is Gabriel." Louie nodded when I said that. "But you can call him Gabe."

Gabby then walked up to the door and smiled. "Awh, I love that nickname for Gabriel. Gabe." I smiled while turning to look at her. "I just thought about it." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "You want daddy to read you a story before you go to bed buddy?" Louie then nodded and smiled when I asked him that. "Please?" Gabby then smiled at me. "How about you let me do it Matt? You've been coming back and forth since the twins were born. I have been stuck in the hospital with them. Can I have a bit of time with him?" I nodded and agreed with her.

Looking at Louie, I smiled. "Mommy is going to read to you okay? Daddy will see you after okay?" Louie nodded when I said that before going to kiss me. I just smiled when he did that before going to lay him down. I then went to get up and smiled at Gabby. Walking up to her, I went to kiss her softly. "Do any of the twins need to be changed or anything?" Gabby shook her head when I said that. "Can you just get my hospital bag unpacked and get my pillows out? I will take a shower later. I need to get some rest. I didn't while you were gone." I nodded.

"Of course. I will go do that." Wrapping her arm around her, I went to kiss her forehead before walking away to our bedroom so that I could get her unpacked. Meanwhile, we went to read to Louie before he took a nap that afternoon.