Chapter Three

you should comment on this chapter 

-becky

“Honey, don’t stress too much about the test. I’m sure you’ll do great!” My mom cheered at breakfast.

I had all weekend to study for this History exam but I’m just now looking over my notes as I quickly bit into my toast. I could’ve studied yesterday but I spent most of the day hiding away in my room and texting Ashton. 

It wasn’t that I was being a scared 5 year old, I just didn’t know how to act if I ended up bumping into Harry. We had gotten along Saturday night but I didn’t know if the way we acted would change in the morning light. 

“Good morning girls.” I heard his raspy voice breath out smoothly as he took a seat next to me.

I could feel myself tense at his presence. I glanced up and gave him a simple smile before shoving my face with my toast to avoid conversation.

“Oh, Mary! I called one of my buddies back home and he said that if you apply early, London University will surely accept you!”

Looks like conversation was unavoidable.

With a closed lip smile I turned to face him, “Thanks it uh means a lot.” I mumbled out, chewing on my food. 

He breathed out a short laugh before placing his large palm on the back of my neck, massaging the area lightly. I almost chocked on my toast as he continued the action.

“How’d you sleep, Lauren?” He asked casually, apparently not noticing how tense I was under his touch.

“Great. Thanks for asking.” She replied whilst putting a plate full of eggs in front of Harry.

I was more then relieved when his hand left my back to pick up a fork. It wasn’t that he made me uncomfortable, it was just that I wasn’t use to this kind of thing. Maybe it also made me a little creeped out at how much younger he was compared to my mom.

“I’m going to miss the bus if I don’t leave now.” I announced and I quickly grabbed my bag, walking over to kiss my moms cheek and wave at Harry before leaving. 

“Have a great day at school honey! Good luck on your test!” My mom called.

“Thanks.” I called back and slammed the door shut. 

-

“I hate Mondays.” Christina mumbled as we both leaned against our lockers.

We only had one period left in the day but it felt like we had already been here for 10 years.

“I agree.” I mumbled back.

“So.. how was hanging out with Harry?” She asked as she pushed herself off the locker and stood in front of me. 

I crossed my arms, “It wasn’t as bad as I thought. He’s a lot younger then my mom.”

“How old?” She questioned

“Um 32.” I croaked out, honestly feeling a little embarrassed that my mom was marrying that young.

“32!” She gasped, “Oh my gosh Mary thats total daddy material.”

“What?” my eyebrows furrowed. “Never mind. I don’t want to hear the rest of that.” I held up my hand.

“What? If he’s attractive why not fuck him?” she shrugged

My mouth parted in shock and my head whipped around to make sure no one was listening in on this. “Christina! This is my soon to be step-father we’re talking about.”

She shrugged again, a smirk finding its way onto her lips. “All I’m saying is if he’s attractive, it’d be a waste to let him go untouched.”

Could this get anymore embarrassing?

“I’m sure he’d be a great, daddy.” She winked and began to giggle as she walked away.