I was shaking all over, trembling far too much that I couldn't even pull out my phone and dial for help. Luckily, a hand came around my wrist and I looked at Nate and saw that he already had a phone pressed against his ear.

"Yeah, we need an ambulance right now."

_

_

_

Dear Mom,

I think I owe you the biggest thank you ever. You've been close to me as skin and I couldn't possibly ever be ungrateful of your everlasting help. Even though when I demanded I could shower myself or go to the toilet myself, you let me be but you still hovered around the corners in case I needed that one little extra help. You helped me realise that life will throw you ever curveball possible and that you either have to take the hit or avoid the ball all together. I think I'm avoiding the pain of the ball and maybe taking the easiest way out. Maybe...
Please don't dwell on my reasons but all I want you to know is that you did nothing wrong. You did all the right things and you made me who I was and hopefully you'll always remember your daughter.

Love always, Reed.

_

_

_

Dear Dad,

You're like my own superhero in disguise: always there to carry me. In your eyes I was always that newborn and you never let a day pass where you didn't tell me that you loved me. Even those days where I wasn't exactly in your good books. Dad, you're awesome. There's no other way to put it. You're that one man in my life that I could honestly call my shield. But every shield cracks and let's in the dark. It's not your fault Dad, but rather call it nature's doing. Please don't forget me, because knowing that you'll keep me in your thoughts is what makes everything ten times easier.

Love you till the end, Reedie.

_

_

_

Dear Karl,

Big brother, older twin, other half, best friend... You were everything to me Karl and don't for a second think everything is your fault. You were everything any sister would want in a brother. Your protective means did always pull a teeth out of me but I still loved it. Karl... I love you. I love you far too much to put in words and the love I have for you is out this world. You are the one person that made me see a few seconds of light at the end of the tunnel. You are the person that I cherish the most memories with and the thought of them being tarnished makes me very upset. So please cherish our times close to your heart because I know, even thought I'll be gone, our memories will linger. I'll always be your twin sister and I'll always be your best friend. I'll always be there for you, just call for me and I'll be there in every form possible. Look out for mom and dad, and especially look out for yourself.

Love, your baby sister Reed.

_

_

_

Dear Ghost

You were never in my plan. You were never in my vision and now that I have to write and extra goodbye letter kind of makes this a bit easier. But it's still hard. The thought of letting go of you just when I have you is scary. You are the rock that kept me down and I just want to say thank you. Thank you for demanding to be my boyfriend, thank you for staying with me, thank you for being my friend, thank you for showing me the beauty you call magic, thank you for looking out for me. Just thank you. I don't want to drag this out so I'm going to end with a small note to please not to mourn me. Instead, live your life and make me happy and proud that I can call you my boyfriend. I'll be watching over you and someday you'll find that small happiness you crafted in my heart; or even ten times bigger. Because you deserve everything.

I love you... Reed

_

_

_

Ghost lay down at the edge of her hospital bed, his legs tangled with her bare ones, his head planted between her shoulder and her neck. He could taste the saltiness of his tears as they rolled down his cheeks and fell on her bare shoulder. His fingers searched for hers and when they found it, they interweaved through her cold fingers.

He held on.

Ghost closed his eyes and let himself be engulfed by the darkness that was waiting for him. Ghost was too far gone in his darkness that he didn't feel the twitch of the other set of hands.

/////

VELVET VESTS IS OFFICIALLY FINISHED.

Share your thoughts in the comment section down below!

And again, thank you guys so much for sticking till the end and for the ones that read all the other garment series, I thank you immensely and admire you for reading them all. You guys are the best!

If you want to read the story of the boy that pulled Reed out the water check out His Words, Her Story on my profile :)

tempesh.tumblr.com [Do follow]!

ask.fm/xPureChances

Insta: nvx1_

twitter: @xPureChances

N e x t i n l i n e:

L a c y L e a t h e r s: 00:11

Laters!

-n