Chapter 22

"What's wrong, baby?" Louis asked once I came through the front door. I messaged him I missed him in class and when he had his free time he messaged back, inviting me over after he finished his work for the day. Now I hugged him and he hugged me back. Held me with all the love and care and it felt better than anything else.

"My mum found out and she is angry with me. Obviously." I said and he held me now tighter. "I told her about my feelings for you months ago and she didn't take it too hard, but now she thinks I'm a homewrecker and only think about myself. And if anybody else told me that, I wouldn't care, but that's my mum. And it hurts so much, Lou." I said sadly and he kept rubbing my back. As long as he was there, next to me, I'll be alright, though.

"It'll be alright, she'll come around. She loves you, adores you. It'll be okay, my baby." He said in his calm voice and I cuddled now even more into his. "Let's go into the living room, yeah? Ivy and the kids are waiting." He said and my heart jumped again. I still didn't know how to act around Ivy but I couldn't wait to see and play with the kids. We made our way to the living room and the kids jumped towards me. I hugged and kissed them like always and then I looked up.

Ivy was watching us with a fading smile on her lips.

"At least it's someone who adores our children." She said towards Louis and he smiled at us as well. I didn't know what to think. It hurt that she's hurt, but I was too happy to be sad. "They will be okay." She continued and nodded. Then she stood up and went into the other room.

"She'll be alright. I'm sure of it." Louis knelled down next to me and the kids were now between us. Smiling and I think they felt our love for each other, because they both started giggling.

"What shall we do today, Marc and Daisy? Should we go out or stay in?" I asked them and they showed they wanted to go out. I got them ready and we went in the garden. It was beautiful outside and I calmed down a bit. Louis was inside, grading some papers and I still couldn't believe I could actually call him mine. He was so smart and beautiful and caring and I felt so lucky.

"Hawwy, ball!" Marc yelled excitedly and we all passed each other the ball. It was so lovely and I wondered if we could actually be happy like this. Wondered if it could be real. We were all smiling in the meantime until the ball hit Daisy in her small face. Now she was crying and I jumped towards her and took her in my arms. I blew on the place she was hit and kissed it better. And she was crying, but after a while she felt much better, it seemed.

Soon it was time for us to get inside again. We all washed our hands and the kids ran to Louis in his bedroom. I clumsily got inside the kitchen where Ivy was. I wanted to say so many things, like how sorry I was for feeling and acting on my feelings, I wanted to tell her I do really love her and I never intended on falling for her man, I wanted to tell her how fucked up I felt when I first realised I had feelings for Louis. I wanted to tell her everything, but I was still scared. I couldn't understand how she was so alright with it.

"You wanna help?" Ivy asked me without looking at me and I agreed. "You can chop the tomatoes." She then proceeded to say and I got right back on it.

"This here is for you two. Louis and you, that is." Ivy said and I wanted to cry. Even after everything she's been through because of us, she still made us a separate lunch. And then I smiled because I remembered Louis went vegan as well.

"Ivy..." I started but just in that moment Louis with the kids came into the room. They were laughing and playing with each other and I beamed at them. But also, I just wanted to tell Ivy that. She didn't budge, though, and we went to prepare the table. Louis was sitting next to me now, and between him and Ivy there was Daisy and between me and Ivy, Marcel was sitting. We started eating and the room was silent. No one said a word, even the kids were suspiciously quiet. And I definitely won't be the first to start the conversation.