༒chapter twenty༒

Start from the beginning

"It worked out pretty well for the first five," Ben says. Evie nudges me and we both laugh.

"Yeah," Chad laughs, "especially for you."

Audrey snaps at him with her fingers before saying, "Really funny."

"Can it, Charming!" I shout, then turn to Evie. "He's not wrong though," I mutter.

Evie shakes her head and giggles. "He is not wrong."

Ben takes Mal's hand. "Mal, this is the exact spot we first met not so long ago. I feel like I've known you my whole life. But did I mention, I'm in love with you?"

"Awww," people say as Doug starts playing a slow tune on his guitar.

"Ohhhh," Mal chuckles at the familiar song and puts her hands over her nose and mouth.

"I met this girl that rocked my world like it's never been rocked," Ben starts singing, "And now I'm living just for her and I won't ever stop." They walk around each other and Mal puts her arm out semi-dramatically. They stop walking and Ben looks at Mal again. "I never thought that it would happen to a guy like me." Mal looks at Evie, cupping Ben's cheek while she laughs. "But look at what you've done, you've got me down on my knee," Ben finishes, getting down on one knee and handing Carlos the mic.

Mal puts her hands over her nose and mouth again as Ben reaches into his pocket and pulls out a ring box. "Mal, it's you and me," he says, "It's you and me forever. Will you marry me?" He opens the ring box. "Will you be my queen?"

Mal gasps.

"No!" Audrey shouts.

"Yes!" Mal says.

We all start cheering as Carlos turns to Doug and yells, "Yes, yeah!"

Jay wraps his arms around my shoulders from behind me and we both start clapping as Ben puts the ring on Mal's finger.

Evie turns to Fairy Godmother and hugs her as Ben and Mal kiss. And someone starts a bubble machine?

Carlos chest bumps the Beast before realizing what he just did. "I am so sorry!" he says immediately.

"It's okay," Beast reassures, smiling while he pats Carlos' shoulder.

"I am so sorry," Carlos says again before he turns to Doug and hugs him. The he turns to Jay and I. Jay moves away from me to hug Carlos before they both wrap me in a bear hug.

Doug sighs. "Makes our movie nights seem a little tame."

"I love y—" Evie cuts herself off when she turns to Doug. "Movies."

"Me too," Doug says after a second.

"Yeah," Evie agrees.

I shove the hat back on before I jump onto Jay's back. He laughs and holds my legs up so I don't fall. Carlos and I high five.

Ben steps down from the platform and comes over to the boys with me still on Jay's back. They all pat his back as he says, "I'm engaged, man." He turns to me and laughs. "I'm engaged, men and Harper."

"Whoop!" I yell, messing up his hair, watching to not mess up his crown.

After Mal hugs Evie, the Beast, Belle, and Fairy Godmother, Ben goes over to her and talks to Fairy Godmother.

Jay steps forward, adjusting his grip on my legs. "All bow to Her Royal Majesty," he says dramatically.

"Oh, yes," Carlos says, "her Royal Purple-ness."

We all bow, and I tip my hat as both Jay and I lean down.

"Silence, you annoying peasants," Mal says formally, waving her hand like a princess.

I hop down from Jay's back as he says, "As you wish, my liege."

"Your Crankiness," Carlos says.

We all laugh as Mal takes a few steps away and Evie shoves Jay.

I see Audrey grab Mal's hand forcefully. "Congratulations," she says with a very fake smile. Mal smiles and drops her arms to her sides. "You won him fair and square." There's a pause and Audrey shakes her head with a disgusted look on her face. "Oh, wait, no, you didn't. You spelled Ben to destroy all of Auradon. Touching story for the grandkids."

I walk over to them and grab Mal's hand, pulling her away from Audrey.

"Oh, Audrey," I say, pointing to Chad, "you might wanna go back to Charming before that boyfriend runs away too. Oop," I put my hand over my mouth in fake surprise.

Mal snickers when we're far enough away from Audrey and I hug her. "Congrats."

She pulls away and her smiles weakly. "Thanks."

"Girls! Stop the chit chat!" Carlos yells over to us and we both turn to the group.

Jay smirks and pretends to flick a hat on his head before winking at me. I scoff out a laugh and smile while the two of us walk over to our group.

A purple limo pulls up and we all get in.

And back to the Isle we go.