"and i, maleficent... the evilest of them all" maleficent took the mirror from the evil queen and sat on her lap "i will finally have my revenge on sleeping beauty and her relentless little prince.." "villains !"

"yes ?" "our day has come" maleficent looked back at the evil queen. "eq, give her the magic mirror. rq, give her the cards"

"oh !" the queen picked her up and sat her in the chair before leaving the room. after a minute or two she came back and handed her a box of cards "playing cards ?" elizabeth looked up at her "magic, they're what we used to make the castle guards" the queen explained. "with a little bit of practice they'll do whatever your heart desires"

"so.. like a card trick ?" elizabeth said "mhm" her mother hummed in response. "oh. so it shouldn't be that hard im great at card tricks !" she smiled. the queen chuckled slightly "i have one more gift for you" "and that is ?" she tilted her head.

her mother held up a golden pocket/stop watch, handing it to her. she picked her up once more and sat back down in the chair with her in her lap.

elizabeth looked at it in awe. it had a trim made up of small hearts and a butterfly in the middle with flowers on branches and small little gems surrounding it

 it had a trim made up of small hearts and a butterfly in the middle with flowers on branches and small little gems surrounding it

"i thought you said no one shall touch it or else it would off with their head.." she said, tracing over the details with her fingers. "well, as if today it belongs to you, darling" they sat in silence. a question popped into elizabeth's mind "ma-ma ?" she said as she looked at both the watch and the cards side by side. "is it true ?" she asked. "is what true ?"

"that the roses in auradon, rather than being dark and withered, or just rather drab... they're red, as if they had been drenched in blood..?" she asked. she had always known about her mothers love for the flower. her mother had always talked about them, their house was also filled with painting and photos of them. but on the isle there was little to none.

they were always so vibrant in the pictures but the ones on the isle were well...dead.

"yes, my dear, they are a beautiful sight to see" said the queen. "but beware of white roses in disguise.." she advised. "now, lizzie. be a good girl and get the wand so i can get my hand on that little brat and finish what i started." "but I don't wanna go..can't i stay here with you ?" elizabeth said.

"i could help you cut stuff ?, maybe play a game of chess, anything you want !" she said, trying to convince her mother. "as lovely as that sounds, right now i need you to do as maleficent says and help the others get the wand, understand ?" she gripped the girls arms. "yes, ma-ma"

"good girl !" the queen smiled. "now do me a favor... and don't fall in love, it'll only get you hurt" her sharp nails started to dig into the red haired girls skin. "like a blade to the neck, or shall i saw heart ?" she said, her face devoid of emotion.

elizabeth's breath hitched in her throat, she couldn't even muster a simple 'yes' so she nodded instead. she was aware of her mothers views on love were quite...twisted. but she had never expressed them in such a way before. she didn't even realize she had zoned out until a loud car honk pulled her out of her trance.