The First Day

Y/n looks out the window of their car and sighs. 'Yay...we are now entering another boring ass town.' She thought as they passed a "Welcome" sign. Her Dad points out the window. "Look bear, that's where you'll be going to school!" He tries to sound enthusiastic, but it doesn't work for her. Not this time. This is now the fifth, 'Here's your new school!' She just nods and continues to look out the window. Once they arrive to their new home Y/n puts her music in and starts grabbing her things. She goes insided and looks around a bit. 'Damn...at least this one is nice.' She then heads up to where the bedrooms are and she finds her room. She sets her stuff down and looks out the window. She took out her headphones and opened her window, she felt a slight breeze and smiled when she could hear the waves. "Ouuu, looks like someone is liking it here already!" Her Mom smiles and gives her a hug. "I know it's been hard...but this time it's different. This time we are staying." Y/n hugs her back and then pulls away. "That is what was said the past three times we've gotten to a new place. What makes this one any different?" Her Mom goes to talk but Y/n gets her out of her room, and she closes her door. She puts her music back in and starts to pack.

Y/n and her Mom don't quite have the best relationship. She isn't even her biological mother. In fact her father moved on pretty quick, but that's a story for another day.

Later that evening, when she is finally done setting up her room, she decides to walk down to the beach. She puts a swimsuit on and grabs a towel. When she arrives down to the water she sets her towel down, takes out her headphones, sets her phone on the towel, and heads down to the water. Once she reaches the water she lets it hit her feet. "Holy shit is that cold!" She stands there for a few more moments before deciding to walk in further. She didn't mind that it was cold, she actually liked it. She went about waist deep and started wave jumping, she was having fun for the first time in awhile. She decided to swim out deeper, but this time she heard people. She looked to her right and saw a group of guys messing around in the water. There was a girl with them, she was out on the sand just shaking her head. "YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY!" They were all laughing and dunking eachother under the waves. After a bit they noticed her and that's when she decided it was time to get out. She swam back to the shore, grabbed her stuff, and headed back up to her house.

She got in the shower and then went downstairs to get something to eat. She grabbed a water and and apple and heads up to her room. She looks out her window and smiles. There is then a knock on the door and she turns to find her father. "Hey bear, how are you doing?" She sits on the edge of her bed and takes a bite of the apple. "To be honest, I'm actually doing good. I just went for a swim, and it was really nice." He smiled. "I'm glad, are you excited for your first day tomorrow?" She signed. "Yes and no...I hate being the new kid. Hopefully this is the last time." She looked up at her father and he sat next to her. "It will be kiddo...and this time I mean it. No more moving...okay." She smiled and hugged him. "Now get to bed bear...you have a long day ahead of you tomorrow." She nodded and he walked out of her room. She finished her apple, drank her water, brushed her teeth, and set her alarm. Tomorrow was a new start to the rest of her life.