006. lavenders

"do you feel the same way about me?"

those words echoed through your mind. you had frozen in place, not knowing what to say. of course you felt the same way, you have for so long now that you couldn't bring youself to respond.

you never expected mitsuya to be so upfront and just come out with it.

his hand never left yours, his eyes still staring at you intently with a gentle smile tugging on his lips. you watched as the light in his eyes flickered under the moonlight, his hair moving ever so slightly as the wind blew past.

you swallowed hard, your heart thumping in your chest as you gathered up the courage to reply.

"...i feel the same way," you replied, your cheeks reddened and your eyes fixated at his hands which was still on top of yours.

you feel him breathe out a sigh of relief, his body relaxed and his hand made its way to your head, stroking your hair gently. you looked up at him and he tucked a strand of hair behind your ear.

"i'm glad. or else i would've looked like a fool." he joked, trying to ease the tension.

"yeah." you stammered.

silence came after the confession, both of you quiet and not knowing what to do now that you are both aware of each other's feelings.

"y/n..." mitsuya called. you turned to face him but he was staring up at the night sky.

"can i be your lover?" he asked. this time, you did not miss the blush that appeared on his cheeks.

you could tell he was nervous from the way he started to fiddle with his fingers. you scooted closer to him and held his hand, causing him to look at you.

"yes, i'd love that..." you trailed off, your eyes looking at anywhere else but him.

a smile formed on his face as he pulled you in for a hug.

"thank you. i'll be sure to take good care of you." mitsuya said as he buried his face into the crook of your neck. you could feel his smile and the heat of his face against your skin.

you pulled away after a good whole minute and scurried over to grab your bag. you took out the scarf that you had been working on in your hands and held it tightly as you turned around to face him.

"winter is coming... this is for you," you wrapped the scarf around his neck.

he was puzzled and embarrassed. mitsuya felt his heartbeat quickened and he was so happy. he took the scarf and examined it with a huge grin. he looked at the embroidered lavender and stared at you.

"your hair... they remind me of lavenders... and they're my favourite, too." you smiled, finally getting yourself together and stared at him.

mitsuya took your hand in his and gave it a light squeeze. he stood up and pulled you up, walking you towards his bike.

"thank you, love." he uttered and stroked your hair, placing a kiss on top of your head. you hopped onto his bike and tightly wrapped your arms around his waist, your heart filled with joy and a sense of safety.

"let's go for another ride."