004. safe space

the next day was the same

the next day was the same. both of you spent the rest of the afternoon after school in the club room, working on your hobbies.

"hey, y/n?" he called out suddenly, pausing his work. which was rare, considering he never loses his focus when he works.

"yeah?" you looked up at your friend.

honestly, you could stare at him all day, but that would be too creepy.

"do you... have plans later? like, after this?" he asked.

you exhaled and relaxed your shoulders.

"no, i don't. why?" you asked, and he smiled.

"okay. i wanna take you somewhere," he simply said without elaborating. before you could ask, he was already back on his work, his whole focus back on the fabric on the sewing machine.

you decide to drop it and continue to do some finishing touches on the scarf you were working on. you worked on the embroidery, doing your best to make out a lavender, the yarn was the same shade of purple as his hair.

you sew on the hem of the scarf, the needle going through the cotton. fully concentrated on your work, you had totally missed out the way mitsuya was staring at you dreamily as you tried not to prick your finger.

mitsuya stood up from his spot and took his work and placed it down on the ironing board. he heat up the iron and gently run the hot iron around the fabric, watching the wrinkles smoothed out had always made him felt calm.

after a few moments, he was done and so were you. you stuffed the scarf into your bag and stood up, following close behind mitsuya who was walking out of the room. he locked the door and shoved the key into his pocket.

he had his hands in his pocket as you both walked out of the school grounds, making your way to his bike. it had already gotten pretty late, the sun was setting. you checked the time on your watch, and it was already 5:50 pm.

you thanked him and took the helmet from his hand, putting it on yourself and hopped onto the back of his ride.

"hold on tight." he grinned and you hold onto his jacket.

"not like that," he took your wrists and wrap them around his waist. you blushed and looked away even though you know he won't be able to see your face.

your grip around his waist got a little tighter and you rested your smiling face against his back, taking in the smell of the cologne on his manji gang jacket.

he feels like my safe place...