Chapter 2 - Maximum Effort

When Guy was able to open his eyes again, everything felt like it it came all back at once as his eyes widened like ping-pong balls and he let a loud gasp escape his mouth. "Ohhhh, my God!"

He brought his hands to his face, feeling it all over while wondering how he ended up back in his bedroom at home instead of the beach or somewhere in the ocean waters.

"I brought Guy Friend back into home." Guy jumped up in surprise, having not expected to hear Dude's voice. The NPC with a bodybuilder-like physique was currently standing outside on the opposite side of Guy's bedroom window. "Ice Cream Lady is resting on your couch. See you tomorrow, friend." He then smiled at Guy's pet goldfish and gave both a friendly wave before walking away. "Catchphrase!"

What did he mean by Ice Cream Lady? Guy turned over to Goldie, who simply continued swimming around in his mini-aquarium tank. Then, Guy's eyes became wide again once he realized who Dude had been referring to.

"I'm coming, Millie - aahhh!" He now found himself lying down on the floor after having attempted to leap and dash out of his bed. "Goldie, you don't think she's gonna mind if I take a moment to change outta these wet clothes?" The small fish just continued to swim. "Thanks for making conversation."

A few moments later, a now freshly-dressed Guy entered the living room and just like Dude had said, Molotov Girl was knocked out on his couch. Once he was kneeling by her side, Guy felt some relief after seeing signs of her breathing. Her whole outfit was somewhat dry but still very wet from the beachwater, and he couldn't help himself from gently moving aside some wet strands of her multicolored hair so that her beautiful face wasn't hidden from -

"Gah! Come on, Guy, focus here!" hissed Guy, mentally slapping himself in order to get his train of thought back on the right track and figure out what to do next. "This isn't a Nicholas Sparks book, for Pete's sake… okay, so I can't obviously toss some water in her face to wake her - oh, I got it!"

Walking over to the nearby coffee table, Guy moved several objects around until he found what he was looking for: a remote that controlled his music jukebox machine. Even though he loved to hear "Fantasy", Guy had been surprised to learn about the multiple different types of songs that existed. But as he tried to get it to play the song for Millie's avatar, Guy realized that he definitely listened to a lot of songs.

For better or worse

Til death do us part

I'll love you with all-

"No no no, not the one I need right now," said Guy, hitting the skip button and waiting for the next track to play what he hoped to hear.

I'm watching it come true, it's taking over you

Oh, this is the greatest show

Unfortunately, his jukebox seemed to have something else in mind. Lowering his head in irritation, Guy sighed before hitting the skip button again. "Come on, Music Box, you know the song I'm trying to play!"

Never Gonna Give You Up

Never Gonna Let You Down

Never Gonna Run Around

"Never gonna play you again," groaned Guy as he shut off the machine, and closed his eyes while rubbing his temples to stop an arriving headache. "Maybe I should try-"