~ flight~

" bye " we all said in unison.

today was the day that we would be flying out to Barbados for mine and rafes holiday and Sarah and toppers honeymoon. rafe and i would only be staying for a week compared to the now named thorntons who would be staying for 3 weeks.

since the Cameron's generously decided to pay we got to sit in first class.

we all made our way down the front of the plane towards our seats. They were inclosed seats so we had privacy. rafe and I sat down in our allocated seats in front of Sarah and topper.

The flight was around 5 hours long and neither rafe  and I spoke a word, instead we sat and watched movies the whole flight.

"attention passengers, this is your captain speaking. we are due to land in 30 minutes so we will now start our descent down and get ready for landing. our flight attendants will come around now to collect rubbish. those in first class please bring your seats up and those in economy please pull your chairs up straight and put your tables away. thank you for flying American airways and enjoy the rest of your flight."

I paused my movie and pulled my chair up straight and gathered my rubbish. I had a cup of water in my hand and I was about to take a sip when we hit some unexpected turbulence. the cup of water flew out of my hand and landed directly on top of rafe. it drenched rafes white shirt and I could see his gorgeous tan skin and his ever so fine abs.

"oh my god I am so sorry" I said while taking my jumper off the clean it.

I sat up in my seat and used my jumper to clean him up. as I cleaned rafe just laughed.

"what are you laughing about?" I questioned as I sat almost on top of him.i then realised what I was doing ... I WAS SITTING ON HIS LAP!!!!!

I quickly scurried off his lap and sat back down on my seat.my cheeks flushed a deep shade of red.i put my head phones on and decided to listen to music for the rest of the flight.

" hey Emmy , wake up were here". I slowly opened my eyes as I had accidentally fallen asleep while listening to music. I look towards the sound only to be met with rafe's blue eyes.

I stood up from my seat and went to the over head locker. I got my carry on bag down and made my way off the plane. 

Sarah and I talked as we walked through customs and baggage claim until we had to part ways.  Sarah and topper had gotten into a car that was due to take then to the Cameron family holiday house. I stood beside the road , waiting for a taxi to drive past but there wasn't many around. 

rafe walked up beside me and slung his arm around my shoulder.

"you do know that taxis aren't allowed to come in this part of the airport right"

I looked up at the boy clueless to what he had said.

"you have to go to the taxi zone " he pointed towards a sign that read no taxi zone.

I looked up at him in confusion before he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the taxi zone.once we got there was sat a waited for a while before a taxi finally showed.

we loaded our things into the back of the taxi before we got in and drove to our destination. 

I've never been to Barbados before man its pretty. its the perfect temperature and the sky is shining blue. we drove past the ocean and it was a beautiful clear blue colour. my body started to ache for its touch.

the drive was around an hour long as the hotel is on the opposite side of the airport. when we arrived the sun had set and it was now starting to get dark.

we checked into the hotel, still not speaking a word to each other and walked up to our room.ward and rose had been the ones to book this place so we hadn't known what to expect.i used the card to unlock the door and we walked in.

when my eyes met the room I fell in love. it was a girls dream. the floors were a light wooden colour and the walls were white. there was a beautiful king sized bed and it had frangipanis lining it.

I walked up to the bed and found a letter on it. it was from ward. I quickly put my stuff down and sat on the bed eager to open it. I looked up for a second to see rafe walking around the room and checkin stuff out. I could tell that he was nervous and uncomfortable and so was i. its not everyday that you are arranged to get married with a man that you've known all your life but never talked to.

"rafe" I said to catch his attention.

rafe looked at me confused to what I was about to say.

"ward has left us a letter" I said as he walked closer to me. 

rafe came and sat down beside me and I started to read the letter.

" dear Emmy and rafe

nice place right! we have made a dinner reservation for you to tonight at' The Tides' restaurant. be there by 7:30pm.i hope you guys are having a good time so far and please try and get to know each other and talk. I hope you have a good holiday and we'll see you when you get back

love rose and ward "

rafe and I just turned towards each other a laughed.