For a Tomorrow Without Tears

"Oya~, let me guess you didn't get the Holy Lyre too?" Rimuru holds back his annoyance when Venti smirked. 

Son of a-- 

[ master, calm down. ] Raphael tried to calm him down by showing memories of his family, which works if you exclude Rimuru's silent plan of murder on a certain bard. 

"I have a plan. Let's steal the Lyre." Rimuru announced, shocking them.

"Wait! Why are we even putting so much effort on a lyre!? What is this.... 'Holy Lyre der Himmel' is??" Paimon protested. 

"One of the most treasured items in Mondstadt. It's the lyre that Barbatos used to play. With it, perhaps I can help Dvalin draw his gentle nature back out of this nightmare he's going through." Venti said.

"And Mondstadt problems will turn to pixie dust and goes away! And we can go to the other nations." Rimuru silently cheered. Away from this bard as soon as possible. I don't think I can handle more of Venti without accidentally destroying Mondstadt. He thought in annoyance. Unbeknownst to him, a certain Geo Archon would agree with him. 

Venti sighed. "I knew it wouldn't work. I just wanted to know how influential Aether and Rimuru — the hotshots of the Knights of Favonius — is. But apparently, Rimuru doesn't really hold that much." He smirked.

No one asked you. Rimuru gritted out. 

"You see, the best warrior should always be presented with the best sword, and yet here we are. Does the story not make for a fitting ballad?" Venti continued. (and yet here we are, TRASH)

Says the one who got rejected, even when revealing his identity. Rimuru deadpanned. 

So, what he's literally saying is... we're trash? Aether mentally asked Rimuru, who nodded.

Gee, sorry we're trash, you damn Anemo Archon. Rimuru thought with a frown. 

"So what are you trying to say? That we're not good enough?" Paimon frowned, mad at being belittled. 

I mean, who wouldn't? WE JUST SAVED YOUR CITY FROM YOUR PET DRAGON! and we're still trash?

Damn, that kinda hurt. 

"No, that's not it. More of a commentary regarding Mondstadt's inability to see the warrior standing right before its very eyes." Venti corrected. 

"Your people sure have high standards." Rimuru said, which was ignored by the Anemo Archon. 

Venti sighed. "As much as I hate to admit it, Rimuru's plan of stealing the Lyre is currently the best plan." He said, reluctantly accepting Rimuru's idea. "Borrowing it is not going to be possible. We're simply going to have to steal it." 

Aether frowned. "Do we really have to steal the Lyre?" He asked Rimuru. 

"Well, unless you wanted me to kill Dvalin, yes." Rimuru said with no hesitation, earning a glare from Venti. 

"No one's killing MY dragon." Venti scowled at Rimuru, who stared at him unamused. 

"Tell me, Anemo Archon. Who are you going to choose if the Lyre didn't work? Dvalin or the people of Mondstadt?" Rimuru questioned Venti with cold eyes. 

Are you truly going to kill the dragon? Veldora questioned his sworn brother with a frown. 

Of course not! I just wanted to test him. Rimuru said, sincere. He didn't wanna kill a dragon when he's friends and allied with three of them.