Day 12: The Calm before the Storm

Day 12

Morning

Another day has yet to start. Upon finishing the morning's breakfast, I then prepared my things and stored it all in the backpack to begin my new journey in this vast wilderness.

“Gotta start walking.”

A/N: Top 10 separated by two, the top five 1-5 place and lower five 6-10 place. Bottom 10 red line

Analysing the data primarily on the top 10 of the rankings from yesterday. The first five have steadily widened the points gap between them and the lower five, in which I belong. Nagumo and Koenji have continued their intense rivalry, fighting for the first spot, changing the first and second position every minute passed. There's also the current third placer, a large group of first year main students, that is waiting for some opportunity to sneak behind the two groups. Following them is the large group of Sakayanagi, that was once part of the lower five, that quickly ascend to the higher position the time their group merges with Hashimoto’s group. The last but not the least, is the combination of Ryuenn and Katsuragi, the attack and defence duo.

Yesterday's tally

Nagumo: 320
Koenji: 309
Yagami: 290
Ichinose: 285
Ryuenn: 260

All of the groups mentioned have 250 points above and the sixth place has only 220, which makes it hard to catch up with them that fast. Not to mention that the groups that aren't part of the top 10 have become more aggressive in securing Task slots and Early Bird Bonuses. I even heard rumours that they were striking deals to form a large group with the other small groups, who's points are closer to theirs so that the combined points will increase more, giving them the chance to secure a spot in the top 10 or may even join the top three if they played their cards right.

The current tenth place has 160 points as of now and is a small group of third year which I believe carries a two man additional slot from participating in a certain task the other day.

160 points can turn into 200+ points if they'll join the other third year small groups that are part of the lower five.’

Everything is possible in this exam.

As for me I got 199 points and is the current eight place in the top 10, the sole second year that is surrounded by third years in the lower five. I was supposed to be in sixth place yesterday afternoon with a 10 point gap to the group behind when suddenly the ninth place got ahead of us by merging with another group.

It still has two days to gather points. In which the leaders throughout the years will implement their plans.

But no worries. I already secured myself and the thing that I'm looking forward to is facing the Acting Director Tsukihiro on the final day.

•••

Three hours have passed since Ayanokouji's departure from his recent camping site.

In the eastern part of the island, Sakayanagi's group has participated in a chemistry test that is worth 10 points for the winner and 5 then 3 points for the next following groups.

Hashimoto urges Ichinose and Nishimura to participate because only two members within a group is the maximum entry and he is confident in their academic knowledge on the subject.

Both then take Hashimoto’s words seriously and go towards the particular spot to avoid the non-participants from giving an answer which is considered cheating and will result in a group penalty.

“Shibata, that person is still tailing us right?”

Since Ichinose and Nishimura are already far from them. The three started talking about a certain someone that has been following them for quite a few days till now.