Chapter 11: Walmart Interactions

Start from the beginning

After all of that, they were finally able to make it to the self-check-out. It still wasn't easy sailing because Bakugo decided to pick a fight with Midoriya about who's shirt was better.

Eventually, they all made it out of the store in one piece and Y/n vowed that from now on she would just go by herself and make sure Iida and Momo were left in charge of idiots at home. They packed up the car and they all braced themselves for her recklessly driving back home.

They brought everything inside the house, which happened quicker than she thought because it was mostly a competition between Bakugo and Kirishima who could hold the most bags at once. Thankfully they didn't drop or spill anything and made it inside unscathed.

Y/n plopped down on the couch with the others minus Bakugo who was once again making food because, "everyone else is shit at cooking," and Kirishima who was in the kitchen bothering him.

Y/n let out a breath and closed her eyes, leaning her head on the back of the couch but was interrupted by a still confused Todoroki. "What did those girls mean when they asked if we were cosplaying?" Y/n looked at all of them smiling. "Well people like to dress up as you guys, usually they get clothing similar to your hero costumes or they just replicate your hair and attitude. There are some pretty good ones too."

"People admire us that much?" Iida spoke up slightly smiling. Ironically, Iida was the quietest the whole time in this new world. His academic mind still could barely wrap his head around the fact they were in a different dimension, let alone people looked up to him and his classmates so much. He was also quite fearful when Y/n told him how she knew of his encounter with the Hero Killer, but he has warmed up to being here, and has grown to appreciate Y/n. As well as her ability to somewhat handle Bakugo.

"Oh yeah, for sure people look up to you, plus some people do it because they like how you look or for others to get an idea of what you would like as real people and not 2-D," Y/n replied.

"Is it common for people to go out in public dressed as us?" Todoroki asked. He wasn't completely sure about why people admired and like him and his classmates so much. Some, like Midoriya, he understood their admiration. But who would look up to Bakugo that much?

"Well sometimes, it's not that common unless you guys to an anime convention or a place like that, but people do still go out. For the most part, though, they post it online." Y/n didn't really think much of telling them all this. It's not like it is spoiling the future by telling them how much people love them here, if anything, once they become real heroes in their world, they will get similar treatment.

"Anime conventions?" Midoriya questioned tilting his head. "Yeah, people dress up as their favorite characters, they can get merch, manga, meet other people interested in the same stuff, and a lot more. They even have panels where you can talk and meet the voice actors."

"You mean, as in the people who speak during the show?" Momo asked. "Uhm, yeah that's kinda the whole point, someone needs to say the lines," Y/n said confused. Sure, she hadn't brought up voice actors before, but they knew they were an anime, shouldn't they have connected the dots that they had voice actors?

"Wait! Can we hear our voice actors?!" Kirishima randomly jumped behind Y/n causing her to jump and let out a yelp. She clutched her chest and turned around to see a puppy dog-eyed pleading Kirishima and an uninterested Bakugo holding a plate while eating.

"Yeah sure, there are also people who can imitate your voices pretty well too." She picked up her phone when she miraculously thought of the best thing she ever could. "Any of you guys want to hear Mirodiya sing and curse?" She said smirking as she connected her phone to the speaker.

"Huh?!" Midoriya shot up from his seat worried. Bakugo immediately pushed him back down and held a similar smirk on his face. "Hell yeah!" And that is when Y/n played the infamous song. Causing Midoriya to turn white as a ghost, Iida to start scolding Y/n for playing such inappropriate words, Todoroki to crack a smile, and the rest to start laughing hysterically.

(play the song at the top)

Yeah, so I might have lied about how I said I was going to update soon. Sorry about that, I underestimated how much school work I would have. Fuck AP classes, all my homies hate that shit.

But anyway, thanks for reading. I'm posting as often as I used to but it will be at least once a week. Thank you to all the people who read, vote, and comment. I really appreciate you guys. I honestly never thought I would ever get this many people reading my shit so truly thanks. 

Well anyways, stay safe. Please vote, comment, and whatever else, and have a great rest of your day.

Word Count: 1441

Date Published: 8/17/21