ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

Start from the beginning

"Ha! Find her place? I have made sure that (Y/n) has her place in the Demon court, right beside the heir to the Demon throne who will be able to protect her and watch over her. Four."

"You cannot allow our daughter to become a weapon!" my mother yells. "Are you blind as to what is truly going on right now, Dagon? The Demon King has seen the extent of her powers and wants to use them, just like he did with his poor wife. He will not let go of (Y/n) now that he has a hold on her!"

"I can do nothing to protect my daughter!" my father erupts, causing everything within the canyon to shake terribly. "She has a chance to be safe with Prince Meliodas and that is all that matters to me, Arica!"

"She is my daughter as well, Dagon," my mother snaps. "You cannot be making such decisions without even considering her feelings."

"(Y/n) will thank me later on."

"And I will never forgive you."

Quietly, I slam a hand over my mouth as the unwanted tears spill over my cold cheeks, my eyelids falling shut.

"She's my baby, Ari," I hear Dad say with a broken voice, like he is about to fall apart. "My little girl. She wants to be free, she wants to find love, she wants to bring peace to all kingdoms. But she can't do that. That will only get her killed."

"You do not know that for certain, Dagon," Mum says with a much quieter voice. "You cannot tell what the future holds for our little one."

"I do not know how everything will play out, but right now, all I can do is make sure that she actually has a future. Five."

Silence fills the canyon. My hearts are beating so loudly that I'm afraid my parents will hear it.

"Like I said," my mother finally speaks, "I think she turned around and headed back home. She is probably with Cusack and Chandler at the moment."

"Father and Pa do not understand her either," my father admits softly and this statement strikes me straight through the hearts. "They constantly ask me whether she..."

"Whether she what?" 

"Whether she actually is our daughter."

My ears explode with unbearable noise and the tears are now unstoppable as I bite into my lip, my whole body twitching.

"And? What do you tell them?" Mum demands. "Dagon, if you dare question this yourself—"

"(Y/n) may not act like the way we do," Dad cuts in, "but whoever said that a daughter must act like her parents to be their child?"

Pushing my knees away, I shove my palms into my eyes, my mind burning with hatred, love, guilt, turmoil.

"Oh Dagon," my mother breathes. "I truly do hate and love you."

"And I you, Ari dear."

Tiny sobs bounce against the huge canyon walls, causing my hearts to twist in pain, my mind to fall silent.

"Let's go home," Mum suggests quietly once she manages to control her soft cries. "Let's go find our daughter."

After I hear a few flutters of wings, the canyon goes completely quiet, not even the sound of breathing can be heard.

"Mother?" I call out with a croaky voice. "Father?"

But there is no response. Just the wind that now rushes through the canyon.