𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

Start from the beginning

He looked at you, making eye contact for less than a second, as if indicating to got deeper into the forest. As before, you got more cuts. You're starting to get the hang of this again, the sudden rush of wind slam against your face, the loss of air during that dive. The grip on your blades settled, no longer a new feeling. You both finished off the cardboard titans, heading back before the gas in the odm gear runs out.

"That's it for today. Tomorrow be up early because you will help me prepare things and you will need to get your medical things ready. That's it for today," He finished.

"Alright, sir," you said in a cocky tone.

Levi gave you a glare, as if saying don't push your luck. You pretended to not see, walking off leaving frustated Levi behind. When you got back inside, you were greeted by a huge mess. Plates were shattered everywhere, the light reflects off the shards, blinding your eye in just the right angle. You analysed the broken plates and spotted soemthing from your peripheral vision, floral pattern. Petra, Oluo and Eren was standing there, faces in shock, mouths opened.

"Who did this?" You started but stopped as they started blaming one another, "doesn't matter, hurry up and clean it before Levi-"

Everyone turned, there, Levi walked in. Well we're screwed. It isn't your fault but Levi doesn't show mercy, especially when they broke one of Levi's most treasured cup was in fragments.

"Who made this fucking mess?" He asked, his voice was monotone but it gave an overwhelming authority, sending shivers down your spine.

No one responded.

"Clean it up now," He ordered.

No one dared to waste a second, you weren't sure if you were part of the 'everyone' but better safe than sorry. Everyone got to work and started cleaning, Olou and Eren brushed the pieces away, you and Petra carefully placed the plates away. After a couple of productive minutes of cleaning Levi asked what happened. They said they were trying to clean, but Oluo made a huge racket and then this mess happened. Called it. You and the others were ordered to run 100 laps.

"Why me too?" You huffed out.

"Do you want me to make that 200 laps?" he retorted.

You scowled and slammed the door, not caring if it angered Levi. It better have frustated him.

You and the others ran for what seems like decades, you guys could finally go inside. You felt as if you have aged by the duration of plain running. Everyone had already gone inside, most likely to shower and relax after the exhausting punishment. Your head started feeling dizzy, oh shit. 

You didn't take my pills today. 

Your legs started feeling weak, having no energy left to hold your weight. Your legs broke out and you collapsed to the ground. No, no, please not now. You sat yourself upright and crossed leg, at least if you were to faint, you wouldn't hit the floor. And correctly to your calculations, you slowly lost consciousness.

"Mother-?" You managed out as you saw a familiar female figure standing in front of you, back faced towards you.

The figure turned around and you gasped it really was your mother. She looked as lovely as always, with the same features as you. It was almost as if you were staring at your own reflection, only expect you inherited your father's eyes. 

"Y/n darling..." 

She was cut off as you dashed over to hug her. 

"Mother...I miss you so much, please come back. Please mother, I have sinned, I..." Your lost for words, even though it has been years since her passing, years since you felt something more than just plastering a smile. This was raw emotions, true emotions, your tears soaked into mother's shirt.