𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

𝐒𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 a bird catching a fish, you landed a clean slash across the nape of the titan

"Y/n!" You heard your name. "Behind you!"

You whirled around saw a titan approach you. The nearing titan was different, you saw how it ran, how it ran with purpose. It had a mind, a way of thoughts that flowed. Suddenly a howling was heard. You noticed Leon was in the titan's hand. He was alive and it looked like he could survive it, possibly, only if someone saves him...

You didn't think twice before latching your ODM gear across. Just as you were on your way, the titan suddenly grabbed you.

Before you could move away, the titan's grip tightened, squeezing you in it's unbearable grip. You try and gasp for air, your lungs felt like it was about to explode, as if you were being squashed into mash potato. You coughed out blood, staining your clothes. Leon happened to escape as you had created a distraction, the titan let go of the other hand. Suddenly you felt the grip loosen as you slowly fell unconscious and your body completely numb, the pain lingers in your crushed bones, thousands of daggers pierced through you. How ironic...is this how you die? At least you died without regrets. At least you died protecting someone...

"Y/n! Y/n!" You heard a familiar voice call for you.

Your eyes opened to reveal Erwin, Marie and Leon standing there.

"Thank god you're ok!" Marie exclaimed. "What will I do without you!"

She had tears in her eyes as she threw herself onto you, bringing you into a tight hug.

"Marie I think you should let the poor Y/n breath." Erwin said.

Marie immediately let go of you and said a quick sorry. Your eyes averted around before asking, "where's my gloves?"
"Here it is Y/n, you can never live a single day without them." Erwin commented as he handed you your gloves.
"Thank you." You rolled your eyes and quickly, putting the leather glove on.

You closed your hand before extending your fingers again, feeling the leather move over your bare hands.

"Thank you so much Y/n-san!" Leon said after you slipped your gloves on, bowing almost exactly 90 degrees and he kept bowing.

"Don't stress about it but please be careful next time. This could've cost both your life and mine. After a couple of days I will be back and I will help train you a bit." You said, trying to remain calm.

"Actually Y/n." Erwin started. "You can't recover fully at that speed, some bones have been crushed and some of your organs must be replaced. It'll take at least 3 years to recover almost fully. And this is just a rough estimate, it could take much longer than what we suspect."

"What?! Then what will I do during all this time?!" You exclaimed.

"Calm down, there's other jobs around such as..." Erwin listed some job ideas.

"Or you can become a doctor if your so desperate to save lives." Marie suggested.

You took a glance at all three of them.

"I'll have to agree. It's the best choice." Leon said.

Erwin just nodded.

"Fine." You sighed. "What's the price I have to pay?"

The price you have to pay was not small, you took lessons for a year, day and night nonstop and you would work your ass off until your eyes cloud not stay open, and your legs give in. It paid off, you now have a stable job, enough for a living. Though just sometimes, you would dream about the days back at the scouts, sometimes you would wonder how they are doing... and maybe, sometimes you would even imagine yourself back, without the severe injuries. Being the strongest again. What a sweet dream.