Catra

Okay, so maybe Sparkles and Crop top aren't that bad. I laughed at a joke that Crop top made.

"So, have you two watched She-Ra before?" I asked, remembering the 'Gayskull' thing from the other day.

"More than once, we've been trying to get Adora to watch it for years," Sparkles said.
"Adora was the one who suggested it in the first place," I said.

Sparkles gave Adora a look.

"What? I listen to you when you recommend things," Adora raised her hands defensively.

"I'm putting it back on. I wanna know how it ends before classes start up," I said. I grabbed the remote and curled up against Adora.

I hummed along to the intro music, and Adora laughed. "Wow, you really like that song, don't you?" She joked.

I swatted her with my tail. "Shut up."
After a few episodes I looked over at where Adora's friends were sitting. The two were fast asleep. I was going to say something when I noticed Adora was sleeping too. I turned off the show.

I grabbed the blanket Adora and I were sharing, and put it over her. "Goodnight, Adora," I whispered. I leaned over her and pressed a light kiss to her forehead before heading to my room.

I haven't really slept in here yet. I crawled into my bed and curled up under my blankets. As I drifted off into sleep, I heard talking.

I was sitting on the couch playing a game. I stopped for a minute to look around. Kyle and Lonnie were in the kitchen talking with some tall lizard dude and a black-haired girl. Crop-top and Sparkles were having a conversation with a guy that had a mustache and a red scarf whose arm was around a green-haired girl next to him. "Catra, someone's shooting at you," Adora pointed at the screen.

"Shit, how did I get the cops on me," I started shooting back and ran up to the nearest car.

"I don't get this game," Adora announced. I smiled at her as she collapsed onto my side, curling up against me.

"Wanna try it?" I asked.

Adora jumped up, "Ooh, can I?"

I passed her the controller, and she started to mess around with the buttons, figuring out what they did. "Just don't spend all my money," I teased.

I could hear footsteps in the hall. "Hey, I'll be right back, okay, Adora?"

She nodded, and I turned away. "Wait," Adora stood up quickly and reached out to me. She kissed me softly, "Okay, now you can go," She smiled.

I reached the door and noticed that Lonnie was watching me. Whoever was out there knocked on the door. I opened the door and tensed when I saw Shannon. She had positioned herself so no one inside could see her other than me. "What do you want?" I was absolutely terrified.

My tail started tapping on the wall next to me. It was a simple code that Lonnie and I used when she started beating us. Tap tap tap. Three taps meant 'I'm scared,' one tap meant 'Gone,' two meant 'Kyle,' We shielded Kyle from the worst of Shannon, but he still around all of it, every time we had to get him out of there so he could have a normal childhood.

"Not a word," Shannon carefully stepped closer and pulled out the knife that she always had, the one she would always cut me with. I felt the hot tears running down my face.

I heard Lonnie shift closer, and then Adora called out for me, "Catra? I need help with something," She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Shannon. She ran up to help me, and everything went to shit.

Shannon shoved the knife into my stomach and cut me open in front of everyone. People were screaming, someone punched Shannon, and Adora's arms were around me, "Stay, please… stay," She cried.
I couldn't focus on anything other than the fear I felt, though.