𝕻ʀᴏʟᴏᴜɢᴇ

Start from the beginning

It was a bold statement, one that left the audience stunned and silent, their eyes fixed on the seven baby strollers that stood before them like a symbol of hope and possibility.
Reginald stepped aside, gesturing to the strollers as he introduced his children to the general public

"I give you the inaugural class of The Umbrella Academy."

No sooner did Sir Reginald Hargreeves punctuatehis sentence, the room was suddenly filled with a cacophony of sound, a parade of questions and queries from the eager crowd of reporters that squabbled at his feet, each one desperate to get a question in.

"Mr. Hargreeves! Mr. Hargreeves!" shouted a reporter from Channel 9 News, her voice rising above the din of the others. "What happened to their parents?"

For a moment, Sir Reginald stood silent, his face inscrutable as he pondered the weight of the question. And then, with a sudden and decisive motion, he answered, his voice ringing out like a bell in the tense silence of the room.

"They were suitably compensated,"

And yet, even as the reporters continued to clamor and shout, each one struggling to be heard above the others, there was a sense of unease in the room, a sense that something profound and mysterious lay hidden beneath the surface of Sir Reginald's words.

And so the reporters continued to shout and clamor, each one desperate for answers, even as Sir Reginald remained silent, his eyes fixed on some distant horizon, his mind lost in thought and contemplation.

"Are you concerned about the welfare of the children?" Asks another woman with her voice laced with concern,  as the other reports had turned to her then back to The Monocle.

And yet, even as the other reporters waited with bated breath for his response, Sir Reginald answered without hesitation, his voice strong and resolute.

"Of course," he said, his words carrying a sense of conviction. "As I am for the fate of the world."

But from what? To this they had received no answer. A lot of questions and conspiracy theories surged around, with civilians questioning the Monocle's tactics and motives. They wondered what kind of world-saving plan involved adopting seven children and raising them in secrecy, away from the outside world.

And yet, even as the questions and speculation continued to swirl around them, Sir Reginald and the seven children vanished from public view, disappearing into the shadows as they prepared for the fateful day when their powers would be needed the most.

~ ☂︎ ~

The scene was one of ominous foreboding, as the skies overhead grew increasingly tempestuous. A dense cloak of darkness descended upon the land, swallowing up any hint of illumination. The clouds swirled and thickened, heralding the approach of a violent storm. Lightning streaked across the horizon like the merciless tides of a black sea, poised to crush anything in its path. Suddenly, without warning, a deluge of water came crashing down, cascading from the structures, trees, and earth below. The ferocious winds howled and roared, sweeping through the murky, gloomy environment with colossal force. Amidst the chaos, a piercing and booming cry could be heard emanating from the Academy's vintage exterior, a haunting sound that echoed through the tumultuous night.

One may believe that a person who adopts not one, but seven children would have a lot of love and nurturing to provide...

Seven small cots stood in a perfect row within what appeared to be a nursery, though to most it would seem more like a chamber of confinement. The room was devoid of windows and sunlight, illuminated only by a single, dim light at its center. Perhaps this was to keep the babies safe and contained, or maybe it was to ensure the protection of their caretakers. Cameras were scattered about the room, capturing every angle and movement with a scrutinizing gaze. The Monocle, also known as Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and explorer, was meticulously recording his daily observations. Though the babies were not yet of his estimated age for their abilities to manifest, it was never too early to start preparing for the future.