𝐖𝐚𝐬

Her mother abandoned her as soon as they entered the room where the New Year's Eve celebration was being hosted.

She initially tried to look around for her, but her gaze was drawn to the delicious temptation known as food. She was glad that her mother had shown an interest in visiting a ski resort this year. They are always home when they celebrate Christmas and New Year's.

After taking two of everything, she went to sit in the closest vacant seat that she saw. Taking the first bite, she discreetly groaned in bliss as the flavor of the delicacy fanned into her lips. Looks like she'll be taking a second trip to the food section.

Of course, she didn't forget to keep an eye on her mom in the room as she ate her feast, although the room was a little dark to see. The only lights that gave her enough to see clearly were the disco lights.

She was just two bites away from finishing when the DJ spoke of something she didn't quite hear or care about. Standing up, she was going to move towards the buffet area to serve herself another plate when a blinding spotlight appeared on her.

She paused in her tracks, like a deer caught in headlights. Her widened eyes looked around cautiously, and to her embarrassment, all eyes were on her.

What did I do? All I wanted was another serving.

『• • • ✎ • • •』