Chapter 44: Little Loony Luna

Start from the beginning

"Girlfriend?" Loki asked with a mischievous grin.

"Not in the way you think!" Harry exclaimed and embarrassedly tried to get his phone back but to no avail.

With horror, he watched how Loki wrote something and sent the message.

"You hurt Harry, and you'll wish that I never find you!" Loki wrote.

It took a moment, but soon the reply showed. "Who are you?"

"Name's Loki and Harry's under my protection, so consider this my one and only warning," Loki typed away.

"Should I feel threatened?"

Loki laughed upon that and threw the mobile to Harry, who swiftly caught it.

"I like her," he told the boy with a snicker.

Harry quickly checked what they had written and sighed in relief when he saw that it was only Loki's protectiveness showing. That was also what he wrote Lucifer.

"Anyway, I just came to check on you, but now I leave you to get some sleep," Loki said while ruffling Harry's hair, much to the boy's disgruntlement before he left the room.

However, Loki was right. While he already had been exhausted at the end of dinner, he now was nearly falling asleep where he sat. So after telling Lucifer that he would go to sleep, he did just that and was out cold the second his head hit the pillow.

The last week of the holidays was spent with an impromptu trip to America after Neville and Hermione asked for permission

The last week of the holidays was spent with an impromptu trip to America after Neville and Hermione asked for permission. Unfortunately, the twins were grounded for sneaking off.

Harry got himself a new laptop, well, more like a tablet with a keyboard. When Hermione learned that yes, those would also work in Hogwarts, she promptly wanted one too. Why she hadn't realized that until now was anyone's guess since Harry hadn't really hidden his. So much better for keeping one's notes organized.

In the evenings' Harry would get out his new tablet and write with Lucifer until he was so tired that he nearly fell asleep over their conversation. One might wonder how they could fill so much time simply writing with each other and how they had so many topics to talk about, but it was surprisingly easy. They spoke of magic, books, movies...whatever struck their fancy at that moment, and it never got boring.

Lucifer had to admit that humanity developed so many fascinating things. She doubted it would become boring anytime soon, especially since she got access to the internet. Sure, she had read books before that the demons brought her. But with the internet, she had so much more information she could read up on that, even with the higher speed of time in the cage, she wouldn't be able to read it all.

Science and Physics especially were so complex that it took all her attention as not to miss anything. It made her even more surprised that humanity – even if they were only just beginning – understood the laws of the universe. Though they put it into a different language than she was used to. She also talked with Harry about it, and while the boy didn't understand much of the maths behind it, he had a surprisingly good grasp of the concepts. So no, talking with Harry never got boring.