| it's you... || see you later |

fourteen
"See You Later"

Katelyn was knocked out until about noon. Karl had fallen asleep for a little bit but not nearly as long as the girl laid on his shoulder. When she did awaken, she was startled and out of it. Why she was panicked was a reason unknown to even her conscious self.

As she opened her eyes, she saw Eli sitting with Dream as the trio played Mario Kart. Eli's joyous laugh calmed her racing heart a tad as did Karl's. Dream made eye contact with her and immediately could tell she was internally panicking. He'd gotten accustomed to knowing exactly when she was panicking or upset or angry.

"Is Kat awake yet? Can i wake her?" Eli asked, getting distracted from the game and looking up at the dirty blonde haired man next to him.

"Yeah, you can wake her up." Dream said as Katelyn closed her eyes quickly so the six year old could wake her. She wanted to keep him happy, so she would do whatever it takes to keep him that smiley happy kid.

Dream paused the mario kart game, pulling Karl from his concentrated trance to see the small boy sliding off the couch and walking towards him. The boy climbed onto the couch and sat in his sister's lap, kissing her cheek softly whilst whispering her name. She smiled lightly, all her previous panic slowly washing away.

"Kat, your smiling silly. Wake up." He whispered, cradling the girl's face in his small hands and moving her head from side to side. He giggled slightly when she opened one eye slowly and closed it quickly.

The six year old wrapped his arms around her neck giggling profusely. Katelyn didnt hesitate to hug him back with a smile. Dream admired and watched as her entire face lit up with happiness. Karl was happy she was happy.

"What time is it?" she asked, Eli settling in her lap and laying against her.

"Around noon." Dream answered, looking at his phone momentarily. Katelyn nodded before yawning softly and leaning her head back on the couch.

"We should probably get going soon." Karl pointed out. Katelyn's heart dropped, within the next twelve hours she wouldnt be with her brother anymore. That thought was challenging to get her head to wrap around, but ahe knew it'd be better for him.

"Yeah." Katelyn whispered, running her fingers through the boy's hair.

"Kat, am i allowed to eat something?" The boy asked quietly, looking up at her for permission.

"Yeah buddy, you can eat something. What do you want?" Katelyn asked kindly. He thought for a minute before looking at his older sister for help.

"Okay, how about you chose whether we eat out or not first." She said softly with a smile.

"Mmm, are we allowed to eat out?" Eli asked, keeping his eyes on the older girl.

"Of course we can, do you want restaurant or fast food?"

"Well fast food is cheaper-"

"No, E, what do you want?"

"Uh, you wont tell dad and Theresa?"

"Nope, i pinkie promise." She said, holding out her pinkie. He wrapped his around hers and they decided on where to eat. They picked a sit in restaurant and Karl ended up paying for everyone. Katelyn fought with him about it but he kept the bill out of her grasp so it was useless in the end.

They drove to Katelyn's home to get some of Eli's and Katelyn's stuff, just not all of it. When they walked in, the house was silent. Eli took Dream to his bedroom and Karl went with Katelyn. She walked into the room and there was a note taped to her monitor.