Chapter Fourty Five

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, that doesn't really add up," Ezor said. "Why aren't you dead?"

"Because we escaped," Millie said.

"I'm going to ask you one more time, and then we're going to have to take a more extreme approach," Zethrid said.

"The fun part," Ezor said.

"What happened to Lotor, and where have you been all this time?" Zethrid asked, getting the same answer. "If you insist on maintaining this charade of innocence, you leave us no choice but to apply pressure."

"Finally!" Ezor said. "Who's our first victim?" She looked over everyone, her eyes landing on Pidge.

"You," Zethrid said, grinning. "I'd bet half my fleet this group of heroes has a soft spot for the small one."

"Don't you touch her!" Lance yelled as Ezor moved towards Pidge. Ezor dodged easily, knocking Lance out of the way.

Zethrid scoffed. "Your defiance is adorable, and so very misguided."

"Leave us alone!" Pidge said. Ezor used her ponytail to bring Pidge closer to her.

"Let her go!" Keith yelled, getting a gun pointed at him.

-☆-☆-☆-

Pidge was being held up against the wall, Ezor demanding answers while Keith tried to convince her that Lotor was dead in the quintessence field.

Suddenly, an explosion went off, a robotic voice explaining that there was a hull breach in hangar one. Ezor dropped Pidge, her and Zethrid leaving along with the two guards they had brought with them. Krolia moved towards the door.

"This is it," she said. "Next time that door opens, overwhelm the guard."

Everyone nodded and got to the sides of the door, waiting for it to open. There was a clanging and then a thud before the door opened, revealing the mice standing on top of the guard and waving at the group.

"Hello, little friends!" Allura said as the mice squeaked. "What? Where?"

"What are they saying?" Hunk asked.

"Coran's trying to rescue us," Allura told everyone. "He's got help. Acxa."

"What?" Keith asked.

They began running, coming across a hallway in which Coran was fighting some beefed up dude in a full metal suit. Allura made herself bugger and punched the dude, Coran nearly fainting.

"See? You got lucky," he slurred.

"Coran, where's Acxa?" Keith asked.

"I don't know," Coran said. "Where am I?"

"Are you okay?" Shiro asked.

"Never better," Coran said. "Now let's get the belmards and hayards."

"Don't worry," Lance said. "We got you."

"Oh thank you, Princess Allura."

They made their way to where their gear was being kept, everyone taking out the guards and grabbing their stuff quick.

"Lance, lead the way," Keith said. "Keep the team together."

"Where are you going?" Millie asked.

"Acxa saved our skin, I'm not gonna leave her behind." He started leaving. "I'll I'll up with you guys soon."

Millie went to follow him but Krolia grabbed her, shaking her head. Millie sighed and followed the others.

"Let's get to the lions," Lance said after everyone was geared up.

They made their way to the lions, leaving the ship and flying their way out into space. Some of the pirates followed them out, beginning to shoot at them, but Pidge, Lance and Hunk took care of them rather quick.

They got to the lions and Keith commanded them to fire at his location, so they did just that. The cruiser blew up and the Black Lion flew forwards to get Keith and Acxa.

Everyone flew off, making their way to a deserted planet to talk and regroup.

Millie sat outside by herself, watching the lions alongside her new Cosmog buddy and Dallas, Solgaleo having caught up to them and joined them.

She heard Krolia approaching, not bothering to look at her.

"I know," she sighed. "I should tell him."

Krolia sat down next to her. "You did promise you would tell him later."

"Well, he's been catching up with a friend right now," Millie said. "It's not that important anyways."

"Millie, having a baby is incredibly important," Krolia said. "I'm sure he wouldn't mind having to stop talking to Acxa in order to hear the news."

Millie sighed, looking down. "I don't know if we're ready to do this," she said. "I don't know if I'm ready to do this. I'm nineteen. We've only been dating for a little over a year. We're in the middle of a war, for God's sake! A baby is the last thing we need right now."

"Maybe not need, but babies are never something you need," she said. She let Millie lean against her. "When we were headed to the planet with the Alteans, Keith almost never shut up about you, you know. He was constantly talking about what he wanted to do with you after the war. What he wanted your future to look like. He loves you, and he'll love your baby just as much, even if it's not the ideal time for one."

Millie rubbed the beginnings of tears away from her eyes. "Can you go get him for me?" she asked.

"Of course."

Krolia wandered off to the cave everyone was staying in, going to tell Keith that Millie needed to talk to him, meanwhile Dallas rubbed against Millie, providing her comfort while she came to terms with having to tel Keith.

"Millie? What's wrong?"

Millie's head shot up, seeing Keith standing in front of her. She patted the spot next to her, resting her head on his shoulder when he sat down. She waited a couple seconds, working up the courage to tell him.

"Is this about what you said on Ezor and Zethrid's ship?" he asked. She nodded, taking a deep breath.

"You know how I've been sick lately?" she asked. Keith nodded. "Krolia and I had spent a bit of time the other day before fighting Lotor I the quintessence field trying to work out what it was, and we eventually worked out that I'm pregnant."

Keith was silent for a moment, staring at her with big eyes. "What?"

Millie flinched away from him. "You're mad, aren't you?" she asked. "I'm sorry, I don't know what to do though and I'm scared and I know this isn't the best time for a baby, and--" Keith grabbed her face, making her look him in the eyes.

"Hey," he said. "You're right that it's not the best time to have a baby, but I'm really excited anyways. I love you, and I know I'll love them just as much. If you want to keep it, I'm supporting you one hundred percent."

Millie took a deep, shaky breath. "I think I'm excited too."