Chapter 3: Megumi & Nana VS Sukuna

Start from the beginning

"Nana, Fushiguro, Kugisaki." Yuji called and furrowed his eyebrows together, determined to take on the mission. "We're gonna save them!"

"Of course, we are." Nobara reaffirmed.

Megumi and I didn't reply back but we were as determined as they were.

Ijichi then escorted us to the detainee and we were now only a door away from the Curse womb.

"Be careful. I'll put up my veil." Ijichi said as he remained put while letting the rest of us walk towards the sealed door, holding up three fingers.

He started to recite scripture.

"Emerge from darkness, blacker than darkness. Purify that which is impure."

The second he said that a black dome began to form above the detention center campus.

"It's becoming night!" Yuji stated in awe, looking at the sky.

"It's Veil. There's a residential area nearby, so this barrier conceals us from the outside world." Megumi explained it to him.

"That's incredible!" Yuji grinned.

"Ignorant." Nobara commented.

Megumi then formed a hand sign of a dog.

"Demon Dogs!" Megumi said and immediately summoned out a white dog that let out a howl. "He'll let us know if the curse gets close."

Yuji was now distracted by the white dog as he crouched down in front of the dog and gently patted his head.

"Oh, I see! Good boy, good boy! We're counting on you, okay?" Yuji cooed.

I smiled and patted Yuji's shoulder.

"Come on, let's go." I said.

"Yeah!" Yuji smiled back.

The four of us then reached the doorway of the detention center and Megumi opened the sealed doors. After his white divine dog entered, Megumi again spoke up.

"Let's go."

As we enter the building and ran down a hallway, Megumi suddenly extended his arm to the side as a signal to halt.

"Wait." He said.

We then looked up and noticed a series of steel pipes intersecting over one another, leading to an endless pitch-black ceiling.

"What is this?" Nobara asked in surprise.

"Wh-What's going on in here? This is a two-story dorm, isn't it?" Yuji asked.

"C-C-Calm down! It's a maisonette." Nobara stuttered out.

"No, it's not. It's the development of an Innate Domain due to cursed energy. It's my first time seeing one this big." I stated, staring up at the ceiling with furrowed eyebrows.

Suddenly realization hit me and I quickly snapped my head towards the direction we all came from.

"Where's the door?" I asked.

The other three followed my gaze and we all realized that the door had disappeared.

"Th-The door's gone!" Yuji exclaimed worriedly.

"How?! We just came in through here, didn't we?!" Nobara asked, pointing at where the door was.

Yuji and Nobara then began to dance in a circle as if they were performing a ritual dance.

"What do we do? Ah, what do we do about this?" they chanted.

This made me simply deadpan at their weird behavior.