𝐓𝐎 𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄

ابدأ من البداية

In the middle of that, Emily and I's phone rang. I groaned. That was awfully quick.

"Speaking of getting back to normal, we might need a new box. We've got a case." I spoke. With that, we all headed to the conference room. The rest of the team was waiting for us.

"It is so great to see all of your faces again. We have a couple of announcements so please hold your applause until I'm done.." Emily started.

"As you have probably heard, Dr. Spencer Reid has been fully reinstated. Welcome back, Spence." I announced. I am so happy he was back.

Garcia started to cheer but she stopped herself.

"We would also like to thank the newest member of our team, Matt Simmons, for holding down the fort while we were on the sidelines. I.R.T.'s loss is our gain. So welcome aboard, Matt." Emily added. I liked Matt a lot. I'm happy we have him. He's a good man.

"Thank you. It is great to be here, guys." Matt smiled.

"Is that the end?" Penelope asked eagerly.

"That was the end." I replied.

Everyone started clapping and cheering. As much as I enjoyed my time away, I was glad to be back in my element.

"Okay, let's get things started." I spoke. Everyone took their seats and Penelope started right away.

"Ah, allow me to provide the unhappy transition to the sad part of our day jobs. Okay, uh, yesterday afternoon in Naples, Florida. Two bicyclists stumbled upon 26 year old Ann Baker. She had been put into a suitcase and left by the side of the road." Penelope said and pulled up the pictures. What a bang to come back with.

"Disarticulated?" JJ asked.

"I hate that I know what that word means. No. She was in one piece. Police found this in Ann Baker's apartment." She replied and pulled up more pictures. Her apartment showed her preparing a dinner.

"She was getting ready for dinner. Food was chopped and pans were ready." Spencer pointed out.

"A special dinner. It looks like wine, candles, flowers, the works." Luke added.

"Table for two." Matt spoke.

"Maybe her dining partner suddenly acquired an appetite for something else." Rossi spoke.

"Police report says no sign of forced entry or struggle." Tara read.

"Yes, however some of the victim's blood was found in the apartment so that means she was probably killed there and then moved." I replied.

"If the unsub simply wanted her dead, why not just leave her there?" JJ asked.

"The obvious answer is it wasn't that simple." Rossi replied.

"It's not easy to fold somebody up like a road map. Our unsub is strong." Luke spoke.

"He's had practice." Emily said.

"Uh-huh. Two weeks ago, police found this." Penelope started and pulled up another picture. "She has not been identified yet besides the fact that she's a she."

"Similar suitcases." Rossi pointed out.

"Yeah, and they look old. Almost vintage." JJ added.

"We have suitcases of our own to pack. Wheels up in 30." Emily replied.

Here we go again.

On the jet, we went over this more.