"Well, I would like you to come, if you want to of course. I could use your support. It would mean a lot to me if you'd be there." I say, suddenly questioning my life decisions. "I'll be there James, what do I wear?" She says, but I know she was joking about that last part. "You could wear my extra jumper." I tell her, going with the joke. "Fine with me."

-

That she wasn't joking about. Because there she is with my jumper, next to Davina in the front row cheering every time our team makes a goal. I notice the boy she had been talking to when I found her looking around. Is he looking for Lexi? I shouldn't be thinking about that.

"James! Wacht out mate!" Pads yells at me after nearly getting knocked off ny broom. I focuse on the game again.

We're fourty points behind, I suddenly see something shiny up in the air. I look around to see where the Ravenclaw seeker is and see him distracted. I fly up to the small golden ball and reach for it. The other seeker spots me and comes my way. I lose focus and he passes me, reaching for the Snitch. We go lower, racing side by side. But he's faster and catches it. The sound on the bleachers goes quiet, he puts his hand up and people start cheering.

"Ravenclaw had caughtthe snitch!"

I see Lexi looking down, where I rest on my broom. I smile at her and go back to my teammates. Someone asks. "You okay Prongs?"

"Physically he is, but I'm worried about his pride." Pads tells them. They laugh and pat me on the back. "You did good mate, let's go." Sirius says.

"No you go, I'll see you later." I tell him. I wait to see if Lexi will come down to me but she seems to be talking to Davina. I want to turn around, but her eyes find mine. I wave at her and she hugs Davina. She comes down and walkes me back. "I'm proud of you James. And quidditch is actually fun when you play." I get a warm feeling in my chest and stomach and all I want to do is hug her.

"I should leave you here." She says when we reach the Gryffindor tower. "You don't have to, you could stay with the other while I shower. We could do something after that?" I suggest.

"I'd love to, but my essays won't write themselves."

"They don't?" I ask.

"No James, they don't. Is that why you never hand in your work in time?" She laughs. "I'll see you at dinner James, and again, I'm proud of you."

She turns around, not looking back. Show her you care James, come on. But she's gone. Shit.

-

At dinner I can't stop moving my leg. Do I ask her? Or do I just see if she'll go? A voice in my head asks. How am I supposed to know? Everyone got invited a party for tonight, probably in the Ravenclaw common room.

She's laughing with Davina. "What has gotten you so nervous?"

"Nervous? What are you on about Remus?"

"I don't know, the constant tapping your feet, picking at your nails?"

"It's nothing, just a little too much energy." Remus backs off and I keep staring. I eventually pluck up the courage and walk over to her. I catch myself touching my hair to see if it looks okay before I reach her. I queeze myself in between her another girl. "Hey." I say.

"Hey?" She asks.

"So you probably heard about the party tonight. Are you going?"

"I, I guess I could check it out. Davina's going with Peter thought and I'm not planning on going alone so I'll see."

"He's asking you out Lexi." Davina whispers. "Are you?" She seems suprised. "I thought we could go as friends, since I also have no one to go with." I quickly say, saving myself.

Why such a wuss James? Just tell her already. But what if it will ruin your friendship? Shut up. I think. "Yeah sure, but you will pick me up." She jokes. "I'll be there at eight. See you then Medina."

Medina. She stopped calling you Potter weeks ago, stop it James. At least you showed you care. These thoughts need to stop. I walk back to my own seat and sigh.

"Why the sigh?" Sirius asks. "Nothing, I'm just out of breath."

-

"Now what James? I don't like parties. Everyone is making out or drunk." She shouts to me over the sound of the horrible music. "Are you saying you want to get drunk or make out with someone? Or both?" I joke.

"You know what, I'm gonna see if there are people here we know. Want to come?" She asks. I want to, but I see Remus and Sirius walking back to me and they look like they could use some help. "You go have fun, I'll see you in a bit." I repond. She gets out of my eyesight and waves to someone.

"James, you need to see this. Come here! Quick!"

"Sirius if you're being dramatic over nothing again I swear to Merlin-Oh-my-what-are-they-doing."

"What? I didn't hear you! The music is too loud, and you talk really fast."

Why is Peter Pettigrew on that couch with Davina Solandis on his lap, making out in front of everyone here? And they're not even drunk. "Maybe we should just let them be." I suggest. "Don't even try James, Sirius has been standing here staring at them since he found them." Remus pats me on the back. "Lexi!" He shouts and he dissapears into the crowd.

I try to find them, her, but they're gone. Sirius steals someones muggle camera and takes a picture. A black square comes out and Sirius starts shaking the picture. "You know how muggle pictures work?" I ask him.

"Mother forbade them at home, so what's more fun than break the rules and buy one myself instead?" He winks and shows the picture to Dorcas Meadows, then to Marlene, and even to Lily, who sees me. Remus walks back to us and sighs. "I found Lexi." I look over to the middle of the room, where she is dancing with the same Ravenclaw.

Davina and Peter join us on this big couch next to the open spot where people are still dancing. "He looks cheerful." Peter stated.

"That's because he has his hands on the most beautiful Hufflepuff he'll ever meet. Go Lexi! That's my girl!" Davina shouts. I clench my fist and feel my body temperature rising. "You doing okay Prongs?" Padfoot asks.

"I'm fine mate, it's just a hit hot in here." I say. He doesn't bite, "You sure? Because you look like you're about to beat that guy up. You almost seem. . . jealous?" He says.

"I'm not jealous Pads," I lie. "I just don't want her to get hurt."

"She is fine mate, she is just having a really good time. And you can't protect your friends from everything."

"I just hope he doesn't break her heart." I say to Sirius.

"Nobody breaks Lexi Amirah Medina's heart James." Pads says as he walks off with Peter and Remus, who seems a but pissed aswell.

Davina takes Lexi away from Ivan a while later, they are laughing on the couch and joke about how horrible they are both dressed. You look beautiful Medina.

Word count: 1781